I must have cooties

(deactivated member)
on 8/25/12 11:28 am - WA
I went to surgeon A and when I said it was for a revision (they advertise they do them) I suddenly was not worth calling back. Even to explain the results of the UGI. I tried several, several times and could not get a call bac****il finally I got a curt answer of the doctor said just go on a diet. Surgeon B again, once they found out it was a revision I wanted will not return my phone calls. just keeps telling me they have not scheduled an appt but will call me back to tell me what is going on. But they don't.  My last attempt will be with my orginal surgeon (8 hours away and doesn't take my supplemental insurance). I called his office about a revision and his response (after looking at my records with him) was come on in, If we cannot do the revison we will certainly help you in one way or another. But chances are we will be able to do the revision. i guess he isn't scared of cooties. I will have to wait until next summer though because I need to save the money up.
Amy Farrah Fowler
on 8/25/12 11:43 am
 I'm not sure what you are revising from or to, but doing it this way is going to get you whatever said surgeon is "selling". There are plenty of worthless surgeries like rose or stomaphyx, that they will happily sell.

You are better of deciding what would work best for you, then finding the right surgeon who does that well. Travel is almost always necessary.
pineview01
on 8/25/12 1:54 pm - Davison, MI
What are you going from and to?

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Allen Y.
on 8/27/12 6:43 pm - Garland, TX
 Have you regained 100 lbs? If so then I have no idea why they would say that. If your only up 40 lbs or so I might possibly agree. For now, if the first doctor you talk to wont give you service, talk to another. I had to knock on many many doors to get help.

Oh and just in case:

Circle Circle Dot Dot, now you have a cootie shot!

Most Active