i hope someone can tell me what i want to hear

allegra314
on 8/25/12 7:25 am - CA
thank you so much ladytazz ibecause of the wonderful responses here i was able to get a positive response from the hospital where i had my surgery. i believe its going to happen. thank you

Linda B.
on 8/25/12 11:20 am
RNY on 06/06/12
I had the lapband done in 2005 lost 20 pounds or so but could never get the right fill amount etc like the other posters said. Long story short I lived with that crappy band until Jan of this year. I couldn't get any other doctor to consider removing the band so I went back to the surgeon who put it in.  Like the other posters talk to the insurance company yourself, get the info in writing and then contact the doctor.  You may have the same problem I had with other doctors not wanting to remove the band.  I too got a hernia and had lost of vomitting.  I had the gastric bypass done in June (wish I'd done it instead of the lapband)  and I think I'm going to get rid of this weight this time!!  Good luck

allegra314
on 8/25/12 11:51 am - CA
thats amazing! congratulations on your progress. have you had any ill results from the gastric? im sure thats what im getting done if it works out. sorry to hear about the awful luck with the band : (

Linda B.
on 8/25/12 12:13 pm
RNY on 06/06/12
No- no problems with the gastric.  I think I'm not as hungry as I used to be and that is a good thing!

pineview01
on 8/25/12 1:45 pm - Davison, MI
You might want to visit this group too.

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/failed_lap_bands/discussion /

lots of good people with good advise.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Most Active