MADE IT TO GOAL! RNY to DS revision (late update)

soulpurpose
on 8/19/12 5:20 pm
 Congrats, How long was the process from the beginning to the end. ex: making the appointment and to the day of the surgery
Shavonne P.
on 8/19/12 6:41 pm
All my pre-op testing and insurance approval was done within 3 weeks. I could have had surgery as soon as 3 days after insurance approval. Due to work obligations I chose to wait a month and a half after insurance approval.
Nothing feels better than being able to go into ANY store and fit their clothes!
Shavonne P.
on 8/19/12 6:43 pm
and thank you everyone!
Nothing feels better than being able to go into ANY store and fit their clothes!
tashadelight
on 8/19/12 1:29 pm, edited 8/19/12 1:31 pm - Ypsilanti, MI
Your original story sounds like mine our weight is similar. How did you and your surgeon decide DS was the way to go? My surgeon said my original pouch is only is only 100cc and recomends by passing the intestion some more for more malabsorption. But he also told me I would only lose about 60 pounds. He is referring me to a doctor 3 hours away to look  into my options of DS. I just don't want to be 9 yrs out again at 298 what was your determineing factor or was this your plan DS from the beginning of your revision process? You look good do you feel just as good? Any one with similar story please repond.
smileyjamie72
on 9/15/12 11:55 pm - Palmer, AK

Please make sure you see a surgeon who is capable of doing the RNY to DS revision before making a decision.  Follow the $$$$$.............. If you doc says the S is 'bad' and you should have another surgery, that is because he cannot perform the MUCH complicated revision!!!!!!
There are under 10, YES 10 doctors in the US who perform the RNY to DS revision.

RNY 2/26/2002                           DS 12/29/2011
HW 317                                     SW 263 BMI 45.1
SW 298                                     CW 192 BMI 32.9~60% EWL
LW 151 in 2003  
TT 4/9/2003

Normal BMI 24.8 is my GOAL!!!

GBP (RNY) 2/26/02 298 lbs, TT 4/9/03 151 lbs, DS 12/29/11
HW 317 SW 263 BMI 45.1/CW 192 BMI 32.9/GW 145 ~ Normal BMI 24.8
**Revision Journey started 3/2009 Approved 12/12/11**

cindacrew
on 8/28/12 10:24 am - Oxon hill, MD

Hi can you send me a email... I would love to ask you further question about your revision. [email protected]

Ruth S.
on 9/7/12 7:41 pm - Orlando, FL
Congrats!! I asked my surgeon about the DS for a RNY and he said it's not possible (unless I misunderstood) but then some drs are doing it so it has to be. I guess as stated above or below it can be done IF the surgeon is willing to venture into this complicated transition. I got the Distal RNY and lost initially 18lbs and the loss is very slow but now Im working on drinking lots more water and it's starting to move. It took 2 yrs to gain 30lbs so I have to give myself the time to get it off but I just have to and we all have to keep working at it! Best of luck
Ruth S.
smileyjamie72
on 9/15/12 11:52 pm - Palmer, AK
On September 7, 2012 at 7:41 PM Pacific Time, Ruth S. wrote:
Congrats!! I asked my surgeon about the DS for a RNY and he said it's not possible (unless I misunderstood) but then some drs are doing it so it has to be. I guess as stated above or below it can be done IF the surgeon is willing to venture into this complicated transition. I got the Distal RNY and lost initially 18lbs and the loss is very slow but now Im working on drinking lots more water and it's starting to move. It took 2 yrs to gain 30lbs so I have to give myself the time to get it off but I just have to and we all have to keep working at it! Best of luck

The RNY to DS is possible.  Your doctor just does NOT do it!!!!!!!!

RNY 2/26/2002                           DS 12/29/2011
HW 317                                     SW 263 BMI 45.1
SW 298                                     CW 192 BMI 32.9~60% EWL
LW 151 in 2003  
TT 4/9/2003

Normal BMI 24.8 is my GOAL!!!

GBP (RNY) 2/26/02 298 lbs, TT 4/9/03 151 lbs, DS 12/29/11
HW 317 SW 263 BMI 45.1/CW 192 BMI 32.9/GW 145 ~ Normal BMI 24.8
**Revision Journey started 3/2009 Approved 12/12/11**

MSSEXXC74
on 8/29/13 7:37 am
On September 7, 2012 at 7:41 PM Pacific Time, Ruth S. wrote:

Before I cam back to OH i thought it was impossible to go from a ERNY to any other surgery.  I called all the little famous places that advertise on TV, internet, and newspapers.  They all told me it was impossible to have a revision to ANYTHING.  I went saw my surgeon who did my initial surgery he said my 2 options were sleeve or band.  When I came here i was reminded of the DS and started pursuing it.  Every doctor that I talk to none of them do the DS and want to do the sleeve or the band.  Well if my pouch is still small what good is either of those going to do?  IF i am already distal what are they going to bypass?  So I emailed Dr. Keshishian and he looked over my stuff and stated i should have the DS because it pretty much cures diabetes in most cases. I could have my surgery with doctors in my home state for free.  I actually don't have to pay anything with doctor K but he does have a program fee of $4000 for revisions.  But its a small price to pay to have your surgery by ONE OF THE BEST IN THE WORLD.

Member Services
on 8/30/13 3:28 am - Irvine, CA

YOU LOOK

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

Most Active