Dietician

happygirl01
on 7/30/12 7:33 am
Tomorrow I begin my journey for the revision from RNY to lapband. My insurance will pay at 3 months of counseling and hospital has a rule of 6 months. I will be eligible for revision in Dec. My BMI is borderline. If I loose any I won't be eligible. I have to maintain my weight of 222 for 6 months. I am 5'6" so I am about60 lbs over weight. BMI is 34.9 and that is borderline. I am going to try real hard to maintain and not gain anymore. I have to be honest I thought that is what the surgery is for people who can't loose weight. I guess they want to see if I can loose it on my own. I might be able too. I have started drinking my protien again. I need his weight off due to my hip replacement and a bad knee that is possible going to be replaced. I feel like if I can get this weight off and be able to walk again for exercise I can avoid the knee replacement. So tomorrow is the start of another journey.
Sherrie P.
on 7/31/12 11:38 am
RNY on 02/06/13
I am trying to revise in the other direction. Band to RNY.

Good luck to you.

Revision Lapband to RNY 2-6-2013   HW: 286  Pre-Op Diet: 277  Surgery Day: 265  Goal: 155  CW: 155

Plastic surgery 8/28/2014: Brachioplasty, mastopexy, & abdominoplasty.

Plastic surgery 1/27/2015: Butt Lift

Ruth S.
on 7/31/12 1:45 pm - Orlando, FL
 WOW...personally I would never go back from RNY to a "lesser" surgery (my opinion)....have you considered..having distal RNY...meaning they could move your Y junction further down making you more mal absorptive? Don't know if you've considered this.....Anyway - if you're happy with your choice..best of luck to you...
Ruth S.
MsBatt
on 8/1/12 12:43 am
While I agree that the Band is a "lesser" surgery---that's not what they're doing here. They're ADDING a Band around the stretched stoma of her RNY, to give her back some restriction without increasing her chances of nutritional problems.

I hope you do well with your distal RNY, but please, PLEASE---get in touch with VitaLady and take her vitamin recommendations VERY seriously. The distal RNY has the greatest chance of vitamin/mineral deficiencies of any of the currently-performed WL surgeries.
Ruth S.
on 8/4/12 12:23 pm - Orlando, FL
 Thank you for your comment...Im not taking my revision "seriously"...I feel like i was before in terms that I don't dump and my loss has been minimal...but I will look into your suggestoin of VitaLady vitamins...I hate pills and didn't do well with those even before...the dr offered this vitamin that is a powder and u put it in a 1/2 c of water...it sucks but at least it's not a pill.
Ruth S.
Ruth S.
on 8/4/12 12:28 pm - Orlando, FL
 BTW..I do want to say - that I understand about "adding" the Band to stoma area...and I actually had tried that first....in terms of thinking it was the size of the pouch that needed adjustmenting via Schlerotherapy which is a scarring agent that closes the stoma (had it done in 2008) but he didn't know anything about it and he said..no matter the size of the pouch..it wasn't gonna help and told me about getting me more distal in the RNY - which I went for and in fact I feel restriction in portion as IF he had worked on my stomach when eating and he said he didn't. so in the end..it's all good...
Ruth S.
Most Active