Lap Band to RNY - can it be done?

KJ6972
on 7/8/12 10:04 am - MI
I had the Lap Band in August of 08. Lost about 100 pounds, but have put back on 30 and have not been able to get it off for a year. Controlled diet and exercise are just not getting it done. Is it possible to have the RNY after having had the Lap Band? And if so, can anyone give me some idea of what to expect. Thanks!
Ksan32
on 7/8/12 11:30 am - AZ
 Yes, I had revision. I went to my doctor and asked to submit to my insurance. It's almost 1 year and finally at goal weight!

I am currently at 130 lbs 10 pounds below goal weight!

Sherrie P.
on 7/8/12 12:06 pm
RNY on 02/06/13
Yes!!

I am working on the Revision from Lap to RNY now.

Depends on your insurance, with regards to coverage.

Most require compliance with post-op guidelines and that you still meet the BMI requirements for surgery.

Revision Lapband to RNY 2-6-2013   HW: 286  Pre-Op Diet: 277  Surgery Day: 265  Goal: 155  CW: 155

Plastic surgery 8/28/2014: Brachioplasty, mastopexy, & abdominoplasty.

Plastic surgery 1/27/2015: Butt Lift

MsBatt
on 7/8/12 1:01 pm
Yes, it's possible---but there are a couple of other options you should research as well, while you still have a fairly intact stomach to work with.

Both the Sleeve/VSG and the DS retain the pylorus and all normal stomach function---the RNY does not. There's not a lot of long-term data on the Sleve, but so far it appears to have about the same success rate as the RNY, with fewer potential side effects. And the DS has the very best long-term, maintained weight-loss stats, period.
pineview01
on 7/9/12 2:13 pm - Davison, MI
That is what they would have done last year but, I held out for the sleeve.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Most Active