Surgery is Done After HUGE Anxiety

JennLyric
on 7/2/12 10:39 am
 Hi Everyone:

I had my Lapband (put in in 2003) removed and revised to the RNY last Friday 6/29.  I'm now home from the hospital.  I had a drain that was taken out today (totally painless, which was great) and I'm sipping water mixed with Isopure and relaxing.

The extreme anxiety that I was experiencing culminated in a 3 hour surgery that went VERY well.  So far, no sign of leaks and my incisions are not hurting.  The big pain is where the drain was placed, but I have Lortab to get through it.

So, now starts what I hope will be a wonderful new chapter in my life.  The healing is definitely one day at a time and I'm being very patient.

Jennifer

susan17821
on 7/2/12 11:25 am - Danville, PA
Revision on 06/18/12

Hi Jennifer,

Congratulations! I understand about the anxiety issue too. Every day is a new day, and every day you are getting stronger and healing nicely. Hang in there. You are doing GREAT!!

IceMama
on 7/3/12 9:37 am
Congrats and good luck with it!!
My Youtube Channel : https://www.youtube.com/user/ItAintDaEazyWay

Stephanie "Ice Mama"
RNY 3-22-06 302/158/138;''''
Weight Regained = 225lbs, Revision 4/27/12
JennLyric
on 7/3/12 9:47 am
Thank you!  Except for that one spot where the drain was placed (it's out, but still have to change dressing every so often), I'm doing ok.  And a sore back from my position when sleeping.  Otherwise, doing well.  The anxiety was much worse than the actual surgery.  Now it's just a matter of healing and checking in with you guys!
Most Active