VBG Revision to RNY 7-16-2012

12Rowrena
on 6/26/12 6:25 pm, edited 6/26/12 6:26 pm - Reinbeck, IA
I'm looking for the best protein powder that is not milk based and my husband is telling me that the Whey Proteiin they have listed for me is milk based so I'm confused.  Maybe they meant I'm  not to mix my protein with milk.  They have GNC Pro Performance 100% Whey Protein, ON 100% Whey Gold Standard, Body Fortress 100% Whey Protein Powder, EAS 100% Whey Protein and a couple soy but I do not think I can do the  Soy.  I am so picky when it comes to flavor and one of the GNC people told me they have a new protein that absorbs better and the chocolate tastes like hot choc and it's the Wheybolic Extreme 60 but it costs so much more than the one the Doctor lists.  Does anyone have any exerience with any of these that can help me find one I can tolerate drinking. 

I undertand that all surgeons are different as one I went to a couple years ago that ended up turning me down at the time referred me to unjury and I like it but am  unable to use it with my new surgeon. 

Anyone that has help with my protein drink and ideas I would love to hear them and I also would love to hear what all you ate while on a liquid diet as I have to be on it for 2 weeks before the surgery that I have to start next Monday and i have to go 2 weeks after surgery on liquid only and I'd like all the ideas you all have.  I sure hope most of you that have read this will asnwer me as I've been posting and if I'm lucky 2 to 4 peoply MIGHT reply but most of my posts have been ignored.  So I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I will hear some good things from you all.
tscasto
on 6/27/12 12:56 am - Urbandale, IA
VSG on 03/22/12
As for protein, well everything I liked before surgery I absolutley couldn't stand after surgery. They say that is very common. What I am drinking now is Premier Protein RTD shakes you can get at Sam's or Costco. They're 30g protein 160cal & 11oz.  choc is my favorite. A woman at my support group said she uses Pure Protein RTD & it's 35g protein, 190 cal & 8oz. choc also best.   I plan to try this one soon.

Yes all whey protein is made from milk so i assume the Dr. meant don't mix with milk.

As far as liquid diet, you could check into things like Optifast shakes, meal replacement shakes of some type (ask you rdoc what they prefer) broths or any type, yogurt w/o fruit chunks, cream soups, sugar free popsicles, sugar free jello, protein shakes

Best wishes! hope some of this helps
Tenille 

HW-248.8   SW-233.4  1M-216.2   4M- 188.6
Most Active