Revision help and Medicaid???/

Tonya M.
on 5/28/12 9:43 am - Fort Dodge, IA

Hey all,

Just another couple of other questions in regards to revision surgery?  I did call my insurance which is IA Medicaid and they said they cover revision surgery if it is deemed "medically necessary" just like if the first bariatric surgery was; obviously in my case it was.  However, I am wondering if anyone has had any experience with revivison surgery while being on Medicaid?  While, I do know that each states differs in their requirements when it comes to WLS and Medicaid, I am wondering what anyone was required to do by Medicaid to get approvel once their surgeon approved the revision surgery?  Another more specific question I have is, well the real only requirement I was given by Iowa Medicaid in order to be approved for the surgery the first time was to have a BMI of 40 or higher and/or co-morbs and be on a 6-month supervised diet withint the 6 months of desired surgery date.  So what I am really wondering is if I will need to have another 6-month supervised diet before I can get approved for a revision surgery per the surgeon ok'ing it as well.  I will call them about this, but I am just wondering if anyone else had any experiences they could share with me. Again, thanks ahead of time OH's!!!

Tonya

Remember to: "Love God, Love Yourself & Love Others"

Highest W. 260/Pre-Surgery W. 247

Revision: 4/9/2013

Most Active