Preparing for 2rd Revision Need Advice

Turtle Lynn
on 5/22/12 1:56 am - New Castle, DE
RNY on 05/29/12 with

I'm sorry to hear you've had such difficulties!  I agree with the other posters; the DS seems like it may be the answer to your prayers. 

Also, since you have already had gastric bypass AND a revision to that, I would strongly suggest that you go to a VERY experienced revision surgeon.  As others have said, that would not be your current surgeon. 

If you post over on the DS board that you are from Atlanta, I'm sure you will get recommendations on DS surgeons in that area.  In general, if they do the DS, they are experienced with the more difficult revisions/riskier surgeries. 

Best of luck to you!

HW 287, GW 150,  CW 168   ** Band to RNY 05/29/12 **

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? Join us-Lightweights Board

(deactivated member)
on 6/1/12 11:06 am - Wiesbaden, Germany
DS on 10/08/13
As many of the other folks have said, you need the DS and you need a very experienced surgeon.  I only know maybe four surgeon who might be able to take this on, all of whom are in Californa.  Sounds to me your best bets are Dr. Jossart or Dr. Keshishian (who is my doctor), with Dr. Rabkin (who is really, really expensive) and Dr. Crooke (who can be extremely difficult to reach) being your other options.

Dr. Jossart is a PPO for some insurance companies, as is Dr. Keshishian.  Dr. Rabkin isn't currently on contract and the financing is going to be tough for most.  Dr. Crooke is on contract with some insurance companies.

I don't mean to be rude but you've already had two surgeries and your BMI is high enough that the DS is really your own viable tool.

Terry Cieniewicz
on 6/4/12 12:42 am - Martinez, GA
I have no experience with the overstitch but have you had counceling?  I don't mean to insult but most of our problem is mental and we need to have that help too.  Not sure what your experiences are.  Good luck.

Most Active