No more band throwing up

(deactivated member)
on 5/9/12 8:57 am, edited 5/9/12 8:58 am - Bay City, MI
It's so weird to not say "my band" or even to not throw up every day... I gotta get used to saying "my pouch."

So happy band is gone!
Mom23crazies
on 5/10/12 1:14 pm
RNY on 05/08/12 with
i agree! i am 2 days post op with band revision to RNY and though it's still rough going, i am so glad i got that thing out of me. no more puking every day, lack of weight loss, etc.

Nic M
on 5/11/12 3:52 am
Congratulations! The band is the worst device ever. Barbaric.

I'm happy for you!

Avoid kemmerling, Green Bay, WI

KeishaCoCoBolton
on 5/14/12 9:11 am - chicago, IL
 do you  think theirs a difference with the lap band and realize band?   do they both sucks?
(deactivated member)
on 5/22/12 2:26 am - Bay City, MI
They prob both suck. A band is a band.
Lori F.
on 5/15/12 1:06 pm - Chula Vista, CA
 A band is a band. Mine SUCKS. I puke daily and I am five years out. Just don't do it. It's not reversible, it's not ssafer, and I have no quality of life... Looks at the revision forum or the failed bands group. There are LOTS of us who are miserable.
Pre-band highest weight: 244
Pre-band surgery weight: 233
Lowest: 199 ( for, like, a day)
CW:
260 (yes, with the band!) 
Current Fill: 5cc in 10cc band
BMI: 49
wolfpack6
on 5/22/12 3:00 am
 What do you mean "the band is not reversible".  I have been told I can have it removed.
Lori F.
on 5/22/12 3:05 am - Chula Vista, CA
 The band is ABLE to be removed but your insurance may not cover it and you may not find a doc who will take it out. Also, some people have permanent damage from the band. If that is possible, then the band is not reversible. 
Pre-band highest weight: 244
Pre-band surgery weight: 233
Lowest: 199 ( for, like, a day)
CW:
260 (yes, with the band!) 
Current Fill: 5cc in 10cc band
BMI: 49
Nic M
on 5/22/12 12:16 pm
There WILL be damage. It can be removed, but scar tissue will have built up as well as possible adhesions. The Vagus nerves can be affected (they run through the diaphragm and into the stomach) by the band's presence.

So, no matter how they word it, it's certainly not reversible. Things WILL NOT just return to the way they were before having the band surgery.

This has been what I've witnessed for almost a decade now. The band is VERY damaging.

Avoid kemmerling, Green Bay, WI

Griffymom
on 5/15/12 2:26 pm
Revision on 06/08/12
 I have my revission surgery scheduled in June. I look so forward to not throwing up. I am happy to know this is true for you- I can feel hopeful about weight loss again.

Most Active