revision ?

Cfinch3911
on 5/6/12 2:24 pm - jackson, TN
Hello ALL,

I had my sleeve about 18 months ago and have hit a halt in weight loss and even gained 10lbs. I was a slef pay when I had the sleeve and it was my only option. I now have insurance that will cover WLS. I have a few questions. Has anyone to the next step of your sleeve and went to the DS? Did it restart your weight loss again and were you able to make it to goal? Also, if you used insurance dod you have a hard time getting it approved since it is the 2nd step to the DS? Thanks everyone for all the help!
 *+*+*Courtney *+*+*

divakay2
on 5/6/12 10:58 pm
Post on the Ds board you will get more responses there are a few who have been re sleeved and also gotten the switch part. They will be able guide you in the right direction GL.............Kenya
Carmen C.
on 5/8/12 3:50 am
RNY on 08/08/12
I had the sleeve 3.5 years ago and gained about 50 pounds back and diffcult HUGE complications. I am not in the process of getting approval - and having surgery August 1st.. My insurance won't cover DS.. but will cover gastric bypass.
girliegirlgirl
on 5/14/12 1:03 pm
 can i ask what huge complications the sleeve gave you?
tracy327
on 5/23/12 12:35 pm
hello there. we are in the same boat. i was sleeved 8/2/10 and lost 78 pounds in the first 10 months and since then NOTHING and I too have actually gained 23 pounds. i am in the process of looking into revision. were you able to find anything out? i currently have bc/bs but have until 4 30 tomorrow to switch to aetna during open enrollment at work. ive been told that bc/bs will only cover the ds (even though i only need part of it) if bmi is over 50 and that aetna might not cover it because ive already had part of a staged procedure. both policies indicate they cover revisions if less than 50% of excess weight loss hs been achieved at the 2 year mark but I am so confused about what to do. i was hoping you got some answers that you could share.
balw83
on 5/23/12 4:01 pm - TN
I have bcbs, having revisionon may 30. Had lap band revising to gastric bypass
Most Active