Time off for a revision?

AnnMarie
on 3/18/12 5:10 am
VSG on 04/10/12
Hey all!

Looking at getting revised from a band to a vertical sleeve next month. If you have had this done, how much time did you take off from work? I have a pretty mellow job so I'm thinking a week.
Thoughts?

Thanks!

AnnMarie  vsg 4/10/12 Age: 41, Height: 5'2ish
       Banded '04 PreOp BMI 64, PreOp for VSG: BMI 55, SW BMI: 50 

friendlyfire
on 3/18/12 9:24 am
VSG on 03/12/12
Well it definitely differs from person to person, but I'm 5 days out and I'm able to walk around pretty well without much pain. I stopped using my pain medication on the second day out. I start up my classes tomorrow and I feel pretty good about going back. I think a week was all I needed.
“I can do all this through him who gives me strength.? Philippians 4:13 (NIV)          
Frankie
on 3/22/12 1:08 am - NY
I had a revision from RNY to DS and I was out for 4 weeks.  While you may feel ok in the beginning this is a major surgery and you will tire easily, learn to plan your meals and etc.  I am an executive assistant so I sit most of the day.  Most people I know that have revised from LB to VS take 3 weeks off.  If you can afford the disability time I would take at least 3 weeks.

Good luck on your journey.

Frankie

(deactivated member)
on 3/23/12 10:25 am - Mexico
On March 22, 2012 at 8:08 AM Pacific Time, Frankie wrote:
I had a revision from RNY to DS and I was out for 4 weeks.  While you may feel ok in the beginning this is a major surgery and you will tire easily, learn to plan your meals and etc.  I am an executive assistant so I sit most of the day.  Most people I know that have revised from LB to VS take 3 weeks off.  If you can afford the disability time I would take at least 3 weeks.

Good luck on your journey.

Frankie

WOW... three weeks for band to sleeve?   Nawwwwww, a week is good.  I would have gone stark raving mad for three weeks.

Jody W.
on 3/26/12 3:02 am - Windsor, CT
Hijack* (Sorry)

Hey Frankie!!!
How are you?  I hope all is well!!

I think that it ranges by the person.... I have a job sitting at a desk.... I went from Band to DS and I took 6 weeks.... I was ready to go back after 5... I can not imagine going back to work after a week no matter what surgery I had.... But like I said its ranges based on the person and the surgery....

Best of luck!

Original LapBand Surgery - 07/26/06- DS Surgery - 08/16/2011
 HW/LW/SW/CW/GW
289/195/277.5/242.5/170

(deactivated member)
on 3/23/12 10:23 am - Mexico
On March 18, 2012 at 12:10 PM Pacific Time, AnnMarie wrote:
Hey all!

Looking at getting revised from a band to a vertical sleeve next month. If you have had this done, how much time did you take off from work? I have a pretty mellow job so I'm thinking a week.
Thoughts?

Thanks!

I had a non sleeve complication (standard  surgical complication) so since my doc keeps us in the hospital for three nights I ended up staying four. I went to work the day after I got home.
Most Active