Revision

happygirl01
on 2/15/12 7:26 am

I am looking for a dr near Ashland Ky that does revision. I had my RNY done in 03 and due to injury and hip replacement and of course eating to much during recovery time I have gain a lot of weight back. If I don't get this weight off I am surely going to be in wheel chair by end of year. Can't exercise because to heavy and can't loose weight to help my joints if I don't exercise. Anyone have any ideas. I am not even sure what kind of surgery would be best after RNY. Any ideas. Thanks

MsBatt
on 2/15/12 8:53 am
It really depends on a lot of things. Why do you think your RNY failed you? I know you say you had an injury and a long recovery, but what's been happening since you've been back on your feet?

If the RNY doesn't work for you, the only WLS more effective is the DS (duodenal switch)---but you're not going to find anyone anywher near Ashland, KY, who can do that particular revision. There are only a few surgeons in the country who can do a true RNY-to-DS. I'd suggest Dr. Rabkin or Keshishian in CA, or Roslin or Greenbaum on the East Coast.
dori39
on 2/19/12 8:40 am
Hi I saw dr greenbaum this week & he isn't doing many duodenal switch procedures. He would not do that on me & offered me a revision on my roux n y & could also do a distal roux ny. I have heard some bad things about the distal. I don't know what I am going to do?
MsBatt
on 2/20/12 1:36 am
I'd go to a different surgeon. Have you tried Dr. Roslin?
Most Active