TRICARE & Revisions

RondaR12
on 7/28/16 2:16 pm

Are you saying if you have your surgery (Let's say at Landstuhl Regional Medical Center) that that will by pass the Tricare issue with revisions?  You just have to thru the steps that the surgeon himself what you to do?

Ronda

Ronda RT

gingersnap1
on 5/1/12 12:00 am - SC
Regarding Tricare Travel Reimbursement for 100 miles plus. Will they cover travel for VSG? Any tips on what I should or should not say to my on base benefits guy before I say to much? I'm going to be traveling 150 miles and any reimbursement would be helpful!

I've printed the policy and it looks like they should cover it, but in my mind if they don't cover the VSG they won't cover the travel to get it. Please tell me your experience!
vwelsh
on 5/2/12 1:34 am - Hudson, KY
They still denied my appeal but I had the RnY anyway and so far, my primary insurance has paid for everything.  I'm 6 wks out today and have lost 44 lbs.  I'm feeling good and have already gone back to work.

I would say that IF they pay for the surgery, and you have been referred to a location 150 miles away by the primary care doc at your servicing military medical facility, they would pay mileage.  However, if they decide NOT to pay, they will not pay a cent on anything related to the surgery, including follow up visits, etc.
A.Mason
on 10/3/14 8:46 pm - Lawton, OK

What is your other insurance if you don't mind?

Whit
on 10/7/14 9:51 am
Revision on 12/10/12

I revised  to DS in 2012. Tri-Care Standard was my Secondary insurance. Anthem BCBS was my primary. Original WLS, RNY, was not done through Tri-Care. Since my revision was deemed medically necessary they covered as secondary automatically. 

Revision from RNY to DS 12/10/12 Dr. Ara Kesishian BMI: 19

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Most Active