Need some advice

balw83
on 2/5/12 11:48 am - TN
I am about 5 years out  from lap band, cant find my sweet spot, fill and unfills. Started having bad reflux and abdominal pain. went to Dr again in nov,he took 2 cc out. Still hurting  so I went for second opinion he checked my band under xray,and it has slipped. He asked what I wanted to do I asked about a revision sence been fighting with the band. Long story short they turned it in to my insurance and I was denied. Said I did not meet the critiry. I have slipped band, bmi 39.7, high blood presure, sleepapnea, gerds, Diabetes. Noy sure what ealse they would want. I feel like the paper work was not submitted correctly. Should I go back to my main surgeon and see what he thinks or what?
H.A.L.A B.
on 2/6/12 2:29 am
IMO - yes - you should. And apeal. And then - apeal again.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Band to DS
on 2/12/12 12:03 pm
I'm sorry that you have a slipped band & your insurance company is giving you a hard time. You need to get a copy of your insurance company's policy for weight loss surgery. Make sure that you meet all of their requirements. If you do, then you should appeal the decision.

Best wishes for a successful outcome.

Got a lap band in 2008. Tried hard, but didn't lose much weight & developed swallowing problems. Fought my insurance company for almost a year & finally had a band to DS revision on 5/11/12. Have now lost 125 pounds. Yay!

Most Active