Revision

artedd
on 12/29/11 1:33 am - Schaumburg, IL
How does one qualify for a revision? 
A H.
on 12/29/11 6:23 am
Revision on 02/09/12
Usually by your surgeon deeming your original surgery a failure for whatever reason. Either it just didn't work for you, or there was a mechanical failure, I think even just weight regain or not losing enough in the first place is reason enough. As far as to get insurance approval, there still needs to be probably a medical necessity. The surgeon should write a letter to the insurance co stating the issues and why it's necessary for you to be revised if that's what you are seeking.

If you are wanting to revise and your surgeon won't, then you might want to seek a 2nd opinion, I don't know your specific situation but also revisions are way more complicated than virgin surgeries so your surgeon needs to be adept at performing revisions too.

For me my band is slipped, causing problems and i haven't lost much weight with it despite being compliant with the plan and follow up. So it's necessary for me to have the band out and revise to the sleeve...

up4it
on 1/1/12 5:41 am
at my last Dr's appointment he suggested a revision  I presently have the lap band      Does anyone have  suggestions I should ask my Dr       I am definitely up for a change
usandall
on 1/2/12 9:48 am
I am in the same boat as you are.  I am a nurse and tend to research a lot.  Despite this I am sitting here with a failed lap band.  Dr Simpson referred me to a Dr Ortiz in Mexico.  Since I selected my doc from a list of the top doc's in AZ I was outraged by his response.  He suggested I do a placation sp? very new or a sleeve.  However I do not want to be sitting in the same position I am with another failure.  Both the lap band and a port repair was done on me and I paid out of pocket.  This time I have less money and I decided well if one of the top doc's in the phx az area was suggesting Mexico I could open my mind enough to do some research.  First off I have been a nurse for 20 years plus I graduated from a very good school Loyola and I do well in my career.  I find people on this site seem to know more then what the docs so regarding the DS as they have lived through it.  I am planning on going with Dr U in Mexico.  What impressed me about him was the following he is all about my well being.  He wants a upper GI done prior to me having any thing done to confirm my lap band did not migrate into the tissue in which case all I can do then is have the lap band removed.  Plus he requires for me to stay there for approximately 10 days.  Prior to leaving he also does a barium test to make sure there is no leaks.  He seems to be more concerned about my well being then the money.  A lap band removal is 5 K.  A lap band removal with DS is 15 K.  If you find any thing helpful I would greatly appreciate sharing.  I wish you luck.  Please note I also have had a few of his pt's on this site reach out to me from this site which made me feel good as well as they are not working for him.
Wishing you the best
Donna
up4it
on 1/2/12 10:03 am
hi Thank you for your response   I am in Boston and have to stay here I have an appointment tomorow I willlet you know the drs suggestions
Barb H.
on 1/6/12 6:20 am - Kailua-Kona, HI
Revision on 01/25/12
What did your doctor say? How are things?
Lap band 03/09; revised to RNY 01/12
Read about my journey at www.journeyofafatwoman.wordpress.com

Most Active