MOLINA BAND REVISION

timothycoman
on 12/16/11 4:58 am - TX
Dear Molina Band Individual... Let me share with you my story...  I had an original Molina band placed back in Jan 2001... Little did i know the trouble it would end up causing me and over the years, I only lost about 125 lbs or so.. well for over 10 years, I have kept the Molina band, but had no restriction....I could eat and drink anything i wanted... and at the time, i payed it out of pocket..and he gave me a great deal $10,500 for the entire surgery and i just took it out of my savings at the time... well in 2003, molina passed away, and everytime i would have insurance, no one would touch me because of his neanderthol methods he never updated... till i found dr steven fath in Odessa texas... Dr. Fath took my case and i just this past monday had the full gastric bypass...

Thank God for Dr. Fath so if you have a Molina band... contact Dr. Fath... he can help you...

if you need more info email me at [email protected]
(deactivated member)
on 12/26/11 10:50 am - TX
 I had a Molina band put on in 1998, I had my revision in March. I too had a difficult time finding a surgeon who would see me. Luckily I found Dr. Gonzales here in San Antonio who had experience with Molina revisions. I can't believe Dr. Molina's partner is still allowed to perform the same surgery.
timothycoman
on 12/26/11 2:13 pm - TX
I do understand... whats even more agrivating is that Dr Oria wont be touch you as a patient if you come to him about a revision... he completely ignores you... This procedure should be banned...

Tim
kkharriss
on 12/29/11 11:32 pm - San Antonio, TX
RNY on 01/11/12
WOW a Molina band reunion.  I had mine put on in 1983.  Talk about long time ago,  I lost alot of weight really quickly, but gained it back over the years.  I have thought about having it revised for years, then finally this year I became serious about it. 
I first went to Dr Gonzales as well. (I thought he was adorable) !!!!  I HATE staff.  I know that is a strong word, but I had nothing but issues with several of them, so I changed to Dr. Pilcher, I was going to have surgery with him, but decided I wanted the DS and found the lovely and talented DR. Robert Davis ( who is also in Houston as Molina was) and decided to go with him.  Well he said he can't do the DS revision because of my Molina band there would be to much scare tissue. I am having the RNY done on Jan. 11th in Houston.  I live in San Antonio, but I have so much faith in Dr. Davis and his many revisions of the Molina Band.  Actually after I had decided to go with Dr. Davis I was watching one of his shows (Big Medicine on Discovery Health) and there he was doing a Molina Band. 
Good Luck to all Molina Band Patients.  Dr. Gonzales actually told me that Dr. Molina had been murdered by one of his patients.  I have no trouble believing that at all. 
Evans-Logan
on 6/20/12 8:02 am - Bastrop, TX
I just did my very first post. I too, am 1994 victim of Molina. now thinking about having band taken out.
Was glad to find your post. How did your surgery go with Dr, Davis? 

I would like to communicate with other Molina patients for advice and their experiences with removal of the band.

Thanks,
Linda

[email protected] or call 512-633-4915
Sthibo333_
on 5/18/17 5:52 pm

Good talking to you Linda,we'll take again soon !!!

Shirley

(deactivated member)
on 3/11/18 1:50 am

Do you mind sharing an update of your molina band revision? I too have a Molina band in which I have had since 1994. I am gaining weight and would like to have it removed and the gastric sleeve at the same time, but am having trouble finding a surgeon who would wants to do it.

Evans-Logan
on 6/20/12 7:51 am, edited 6/20/12 7:52 am - Bastrop, TX
I had the Molina Band done i***** Experiencing problems with band and want to have a revision/have taken out. After reading all the Molina horror stories I am really worried about having the band taken out at my age of 63. Of course, I am also concerned about my health declining because of the band. Also, to get really healthy, I need to take supplements, but with the band, pills just sit there till they dislove and that can not be good either.

I would like to communicate with other Molina patients (victims) to get information about their experiences and especially experiences with revisions and/or haveing the band taken out.

I have heard that a number of Molina's patients did die, so this is scary.

Please contact me a [email protected] or call 512-633-4915. Sure would appreciate any and all input.

Thanks,
Linda
Annchan1020
on 9/17/17 1:55 pm - Chicago, IL

I was a patient of Dr. Molina in 1992, and went from 250-168. I always had difficulties eating and drinking without throwing up. This past year I became aware that the band was causing an obstruction so that food and liquids could barely pass through the opening in the small stomach to the larger one. I was told that i woud need a revision surgery as quickly as possible as I have been steadily losing more weight being on a liquid diet.

My problem is finding a good surgeon that will take a look at my case right away and be able to do the right thing with the old band that Dr. Molina put in. Its taken me months just to get Dr. SHerman to make contact with me in Houston. I currently live in Chicago and very few doctors here are familar with the band that Dr. Molina put in. In addition to the obstruction I also had severe esphogial scarring from GERD caused by food trapped in the small pouch so close to the esphagus.

Does anyone know of a doctor that will at least see me for a consultation right away in Houston?

alaurenv1399
on 1/23/18 5:30 pm - Bonham, TX

Hello, I too have the Molina band and am looking for a surgeon in the Houston TX area to perform a revision to gastric bypass. I would love to chat with you. Have you located any surgeons in Houston, Texas?

Anne

Most Active