Home from revision!!!

sknd34
on 12/2/11 10:40 am - West Fargo, ND
Well I had my realize band  to RNY revision done this last Tuesday and go thome about 2:30 this afternoon. When I woke up from surgery, I could have swore that nothing had been done except for some incisions. On Wednesday, I ended up with a border-line migraine due to lack of sleep. Slept almost all day Wednesday, by Wednesday evening until discharge today, I felt super!!  This evening I had an issue. Took a 2 hour nap and woke up so it was time to eat and drink. I took my pain meds and a sip of water after. I got immediate chest pain after taking this. It went away after about 5 minutes, but it was very painful!!  Tomorrow is a new day!!!
Steph
Libby0218
on 12/2/11 10:48 am - TX
Good to hear you are doing well! Congratulations on your revision!
jess0308
on 12/3/11 12:13 am - Blountsville, AL
I had a revision from Realize band to RNY on Mon. the 28th!  I came home Wed. and like you I have felt wonderful, the only real pain I have had is from where I also had my gallbladder removed.  I am just a little sore, but feel great, I am also averaging 2lbs per day weight loss. I did have one bout with a little chest pain, but I swallowed air with my water.  I am so glad you are ding good. We will have to keep in touch. Yay us!!!!
jackie j
on 12/5/11 4:36 am - Glenmoore, PA
Was it cold water or room temp.   In the early days of RNY even the temps of your food and drink can bring on this chest pain.   Experiment.   P.S.  - in week one, cold might give you chest pains and in week 4 cold might be find but hot gives you pains.   It's the healing process doing this.   Take it a week at a time for the first 8.

Jackie J.    hugs.gif image by LISAH900   ribbon.gif image by Ready4Achange  

1 choice @ a time > 1 day @ a time.   Slow to Succeed is still Success ;-)

Most Active