band revision to sleeve - anyone 60+ have this done?

Linda A.
on 11/28/11 2:04 am - Byhalia, MS
VSG on 01/19/12
Just wondering since as we get older it DOES get harder! Having revision from band to sleeve just a few weeks shy of my 61st birthday. Miserable experience with the band - minimal weight loss, lots of discomfort. Trying to exercise but can't do what I used to.  Can anyone in my age group share their successes? Thanks.
kdolphin
on 11/28/11 6:29 am - FL
 HI,

Im a little bit younger than you at 51.  My revision was so great.  Had my band 4 years and have been sleeved for 9 months.

Only suggestion would be to make sure you have the very BEST revision surgeon there is.  The band is horrible on the insides of our bodies.  I was self pay for both the band and the revision and chose a Dr who had done hundreds of revisions.

Good Luck and hope you have as great an outcome as I have.
Pegray
on 12/3/11 9:43 pm - Rogersville, MO
 Who did your revision from band to sleeve. I have had my band for almost 10 years and have struggled with weight gain for several year, and am looking for revision to sleeve. Thanks for the info.

Peggy
kdolphin
on 12/4/11 10:03 am - FL
HI,

I was self pay for both of mine and the original surgeon in Florida no longer does anymore bands and has stopped doing all WLS.  

There were two that I found were exceptional with their numbers.  Dr Cringle in San Fransisco and Dr Aceves in Mexico.

Can't believe it but I ended up going to Mexico.  Since both were so good I ended up saving a little bit of money BUT if his numbers woouldn't have been good I would have not shopped just on the amount it costs.

Good Luck 
Most Active