Two part surgery

topaz11
on 2/10/12 8:54 am, edited 2/10/12 8:54 am
recovery was just fine. My insurance  changed their tune and approved for a revision at the last hour.  Surgeon agreed to schedule from just band being removed to doing both removing and RNY same day.  Work was not happy though, but I had to look out for my health. My job is ending in March so I new I had to have surgery while I had the insurance.  If you are just having the band removed ,the doctor said plan for 5 days away from work and do not lift more than 10 lbs.during recovery period.  Best wishes to you!  you will feel so much better with out the band.  
Band to DS
on 2/12/12 11:47 am
I got my band unfilled this summer and have gained 15-20 pounds since then. Honestly, I don't care. I'm so happy that I can swallow again! I still get stuck once in a blue moon, but life is so much better now. I think it will be easier for you to maintain your weight because you have a relatively short time period before your RNY. I have no idea when I'll be able to revise to a DS. I'm going through the appeals process with my insurance company.

Hope your ulcers heal soon.

Got a lap band in 2008. Tried hard, but didn't lose much weight & developed swallowing problems. Fought my insurance company for almost a year & finally had a band to DS revision on 5/11/12. Have now lost 125 pounds. Yay!

Most Active