Plateaus after Revision!!!???!!!

MommyDiva2
on 11/16/11 12:30 pm
 I'm getting very frustrated and need some advice.  I had Silastic Ring Vertical Gastroplasty in 2002, and lost about 90 pounds before getting pregnant 9 months later.  Two years and another baby later, I had regained about 70 lbs. back by 2005.  I gradually gained 40 lbs. since having my 2nd child in 2005, and ballooned to my highest weight last Summer.  Due to my original surgery, my Dr. informed me that RNY was the only option for revision.  I had my revision on 9/23/11, and I've since lost 33 lbs.  The problem is that my weight loss has stopped!  I can't say I've been perfect in following the diet over the past couple of weeks, but I know I haven't consumed more than 100 calories per day more than what's allowed, and most days I've stayed completely on plan.  I'm also limited in terms of exercise, as I found out AFTER my revision that I have a torn Miniscus that will eventually require surgery.  

I've already had my revision, so I don't need to hear what surgery I "should've" had.  But I do need some honest feedback and advice from others who've had revision surgery about what I should expect in terms of weight loss.  What can I do to get through this plateau?  Is there some magic "trick" to helping my body get back into weight loss mode?  I'm starting to get very frustrated that I'm eating next to nothing, and yet my weight has stayed the same for almost 3 weeks!  

shele
on 11/16/11 6:36 pm
Not any good news from me, i lost really well at first, then stopped completely. I have been doing low carb, still no going down on the scale. Hope you do better! Good Luck!

shele
LiFeLoNg hEaLtH imY GoAl
RNY 5-11-04 280
Lowest weight 174
Highest re-gain 238

erny 3-23-09 (120 common channel

low post revision 190
Current Weight  204

Height 5'6"

GOAL 154 Normal BMI

(deactivated member)
on 11/16/11 11:24 pm
my very good friend who rarely - if ever posts here (duck_girl) revised from the band to rny this past july.    she lost around 37lbs right off the bat & then went through a 2.5month stall.

she's back to losing & very close to goal at this point.   i've read revisions lose slower???

Ladytazz
on 11/17/11 10:42 am
Stalls are common unfortunately.  If you are eating next to nothing that may be the problem.  You don't want to go into starvation mode and hang onto every ounce on your body to compensate.  Follow your plan, eat your protein first and watch the carbs.  You will lose weight.  Make sure you are drinking enough, too.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

Most Active