Revision Questions

Yass
on 11/3/11 4:55 am
Hi there

I am having a revision done on November 21, 2011 - I had my original surgery 26 years ago and now I am having rny done ....the dr said that he will try telescopically, if I have too much scar tissue then he will have to go in through the original cut.

My question for all of you who have had the revision - did you  have an open revision - how long was your recovery time and were you in alot of pain after the surgery

I just want to know what to expect ...

Thank you!
Patricia45
on 11/3/11 6:23 am, edited 11/3/11 6:41 am - OK
Hi, I am also having a revision done, my date is 11-14-11, I had the rny and will be having the same again.

From what I have been told, this time I will only be in the hospital for 2 days and the recovery time will me much easier. - I hope they are right, as I will be returning to work within a week!!

Have you been told how long you will need to be off of work?

I will watch for other responses!  Good Luck!

Yass
on 11/3/11 7:52 am
Hi...Thanks for the response.

I've been told I will be off of work for 4-6 weeks depending on how I'm feeling. I am also in Canada so not sure if that makes a difference.

Will you be having your revision done through telescopically? do you know??
twins99
on 11/4/11 1:14 pm - Sebastian, FL
I am having a revision from gastric sleeve to gastric bypass on 11/28 im assuming its laproscopic wow not sure , planning on taking 2 weeks off from work only.
Most Active