How do I keep it a secret/

impete
on 10/18/11 9:59 am
I don't want to share the fact that i am having revision surgery with family and friends but as it is going to be open, keep me in hospital for 5 days and will leave a big scar then what op could I pretend to have had that would also require open surgery and leave a scar there? Preferably not a possibly life-threatening one as that will lead to more questions! thanks
(deactivated member)
on 10/18/11 10:05 am
if they're not apart of your immediate support system after surgery - put it off till you healed properly....if at all.    

i'm revising wed - hope all goes well with your's on monday!!
Ladytazz
on 10/18/11 10:54 am
I didn't want to let anyone know, too, other then family and close friends.  I just said I was having problems with my stomach and I was having stomach surgery.  My surgery was open, too.
You could always say it is for a hernia since often times they find them while doing the surgery.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

plp1988
on 10/18/11 12:51 pm, edited 10/18/11 1:04 pm
I told only my husband and children first, then the night before I called certain people that I am really close to and the morning of I sent a board text to some friends and believe it or not they did not ask question they assumed I was going in to have something fixed with the lap band...lol I let them think that, because I did not want to hear what they had to say. It was my choice and a personal decision no one knows what we go thur carrying this extra weight or the health issues that comes along with it.. So I say tell only the ones that are close to you....I do not use the words Good Luck so I will say Bless you on how you may handle this. When is you revision schedule? What are you getting done?
MommyDiva2
on 10/18/11 2:34 pm
You could try Gallbladder removal surgery, which is sometimes done "open" when they can't do it lap. That would also help explain the weight loss which will follow- you can't eat fatty foods b/c of gallbladder, etc. That's what I told everyone except my closest family & friends.

paulrap
on 10/19/11 2:53 am
Everyone thinks I had a hernia repair, but I only spent two nights in the hospital. Open Gallbladder sounds about right.

Good Luck!

Hope your day is great!

Paula

Banded 1/22/2009 Revision to RNY 9/26/11

Most Active