X POST: Lap band slip question

Toy T.
on 10/18/11 11:32 am
DS on 02/22/12
 Wow self pay twice. That is a lot of money. I tried convincing her but she is so stubborn that she just thought I was trying to foil her plans. My other best friends 2 sister had the band and I just remember being at their house every time they came from a fill that same night one of them always had to go to ER due to the pain. I thought it was craziness but I had the RNY so  I didn't know any better. Also my friend is a binge eater; a serious one so maybe thats why she got the band for restriction purposes but when I told her to come on OH she would always say sure sure and never come so I stopped trying. I hope she has no problems but the band slipping and eroding into your body parts is enough to scare me. 

I bet you are quite excited about getting the sleeve. 
Lori F.
on 10/18/11 4:36 am - Chula Vista, CA
No, I can't feel it at all. I can feel my port under my skin though. No biggie. But I really wish she would have listened to you. The band is just too much trouble and, for me, it didn't work.
Pre-band highest weight: 244
Pre-band surgery weight: 233
Lowest: 199 ( for, like, a day)
CW:
260 (yes, with the band!) 
Current Fill: 5cc in 10cc band
BMI: 49
(deactivated member)
on 4/16/12 5:03 am - Bay City, MI
I never felt that it slipped. I knew bc I couldn't keep anything down. I also had the work acid coming up my throat for months. It looked like coke. I lost weight drastically.  I also coughed and choked while I was sleeping. ... Hope this helps.
Most Active