(XPost) Today makes 3wks Post Op and ...

Sexyvt123
on 10/10/11 4:52 am
I am down 34pds.  Yay

Hi Guys

I am still here hanging on strong and doing well.  I can't believe I had surgery 3wks ago from today.   To be honest I dont even feel like I had surgery at all.  I was talking to my boyfriend and explaining to him how the day came and went so fast.  Just a few months ago I was on here complaining and fighting with my insurance for an approval and now I'm switched.  I can honestly say I feel 95% normal again.  With each day that past I am getting better with my water and protein.  I started back eating food but very very little.  I get very full fast and whenever I hiccup I know its time to put my fork down.  The only issue/complaint I have so far is my bowel issues.  Some days I will have these terrible bowel movements where I start to sweat and want to throw up.  Actually I do spit up but not really because I dont really have food inside me.  After I'm done using the bathroom I'm a lil weak and rest for about 5 min and then I'm good.  I'm not sure what that is and will speak to the Dr about it.  At first I thought it was the calcium constipating me but I didn't take the calcium for 2 days and everything was fine until today.  I need to pick up the liquid calcium and see how it works.  Besides that I'm doing fine.  I go back to work on the 19th but I'm wondering if I should take an extra week.  I will see what Dr Roslin think when I see him on Wednesday.  Well that's it for now.  I will keep you guys posted in a week or so. 

Vonett  

Ladytazz
on 10/10/11 5:28 am
Congratulations on your surgery and your weight loss.  It sounds like you are doing great.
If you are having problems with constipation try Miralax.  I take it daily and haven't had a problem since.  If it works for you you can get a prescription to help with the costs, if your insurance covers it.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

Annette O.
on 10/10/11 6:33 am - Hyde Park, NY
RNY on 09/19/11 with

congratulations on your surgery and weight loss. We have the same surgery date but my
loss is less. While I still have some abdominal pain when getting up or down, I doing
well myself. Sorry your having bowel issues it sounds terrible! I was constipated for 7 days post surgery  but I've been regular ever since (knockin on wood). I've heard from others that the
iron pill might make people constipated as well. I hope you find a simple resolution.
  I went back to work two days after I got out of the hospital and I was in for 6 days. But I only worked part time and I've been back to full days for the past week. I manage a horse farm so
I regulated my self to the office until I got my staples out.

Good luck to you on your continued success and health

Annette O
MsBatt
on 10/10/11 7:03 am
I've been watching you. (*grin*) And I'm VERY proud of how well you've done so far. When I first 'met' you here, I *thought* you were one to watch---and I was right.

I'm VERY glad you've gotten your revision, and I'm very interested in following your progression. Keep posting here. There's NO better place to get good, sound advice. And no better place to 'pay it forward'---which I sincerely hope you will do.
Frankie
on 10/10/11 12:38 pm - NY
Congrats my friend, I am so happy for you!!!!  I'll see you on Wednesday as I will be there for my 2 week post-op appointment.  Keep up the good work.

Frankie

Most Active