night before surgery

pandavenise
on 10/2/11 12:13 pm
 The time is finally here and I am still not excited. My family had a big fish fry last night and I got my first taste of how my life will change. I am on my preop diet and it said no cheese or any fried foods for last night so I had to excuse my self and went home. I was too hungery and couldn't eat that. I haven't been eating those kind of foods anyway but it was different because I didn't feel like I was joining my family because I wasn't eating. Any way I am scared to death and hope all goes well tommrow morning. Can't wait for the next stage in life. Will post after I get home.
DonnaCrosland
on 10/2/11 1:27 pm - WA
Right there with you - heading to hospital at 6:30 am tomorrow...(Monday)...a bit nervous but so excited to take this step.

You will be fine - I was banded for 7 years and you get so used to eating around other folks...it will get so much easier once you have this done.

I'll look for your post...take care...see ya on the flip side.

Donna
pandavenise
on 10/2/11 3:51 pm
good luck to you tommrow I am leaving at 6am. I hope all goes good for you. i am revising from the band to rny. Let me know how you are doing would like to hear how you are doing.
Barb H.
on 10/3/11 3:57 pm - Kailua-Kona, HI
Revision on 01/25/12
 Donna,

I hope you went through your surgery with flying colors and are recovering well!  I'd really like to keep in touch with you because I'm in the midst of getting approved for revision to RNY from the band.  I was initially interested in the sleeve but I have such a slow metabolism that my doctor recommended RNY.  

Keep us all posted as we are all praying for you and sending positive, healing energy.  But don't forget, never trust a fart!

Aloha,
Barb
Lap band 03/09; revised to RNY 01/12
Read about my journey at www.journeyofafatwoman.wordpress.com

Ding-E-Girl
on 10/3/11 8:38 am - MS
      Good luck to you both,   I cannot even imagine how u must be feeling right now !!!   I,  myself,  get so nervous about stuff like this but then here I am wishing I could hurry up and get a date and get this done and over with.    Just think about how wonderful your life is going to be afterwards.     No more big shirts,  stretch pants,   jackets to cover fat rolls..... its gonna be so nice to be able to wear anything in your closet and look good in it !!!     My weight controls me and when I am overweight I just want to hide from the world.    Anyway,  I will be lookin forward to hearing from yall soon.    Good luck and Ill say a prayer for you both !!    ((((hugs))))
Toy T.
on 10/3/11 10:31 am
DS on 02/22/12
I will be thinking and praying for you both. You will be fine!!!! Lol in more ways than one. 
Barb H.
on 10/3/11 3:54 pm - Kailua-Kona, HI
Revision on 01/25/12
 I hope by now you are resting comfortably and starting your journey to recovering and being healthy!  

With aloha,
Barb
Lap band 03/09; revised to RNY 01/12
Read about my journey at www.journeyofafatwoman.wordpress.com

DonnaCrosland
on 10/4/11 12:06 am - WA
Thanks everyone.  this surgery was a piece of cake.  No realy pain or discomfort.  My mouth is a bit dry - but I can sip water pretty easily actully.

Two other folks were sleeved yesterday as well and they all seem to be doing great ..

I'll take some more shots today  and post them tonight..

How about everyone else who got sleeved yesterday - hope you had as good experiece as I did.

Donna
Most Active