Dr Sudan and revision

crothers2003
on 9/28/11 9:44 am - Scottsville, VA
 Has anyone used Dr Sudan at Duke for a revision from RNY to the BPD/DS? If so, give me some opinions.
(deactivated member)
on 9/29/11 3:20 am - San Jose, CA
Sudan is NOT on the very short vetted list for RNY to DS revisions.  You need one of the most experienced surgeons, the best (IMHO) being one of the two in CA (Rabkin or Keshishian), or Kemmeter in MI, Roslin (maybe) in NYC, Gagner in Montreal.
(deactivated member)
on 9/30/11 9:39 am
He's not, Diane?  Could you guide me to the list for vetted revision doctors?  I didn't see that specifically on dsfacts.com, did I miss it? 

I'm seeing him for my Band to DS revision (different animal, I know) but I swore either he or someone in his office stated he has done a significant amount of RNY to DS revisions.  He is  vetted for DS, no?  So what is the criteria to get vetted and can you tell me where to find the revision-vetted surgeons? 

I'm concerned now, I heard Dr. Sudan was one of the best outside of the few you mentioned.....
(deactivated member)
on 9/30/11 9:45 am - San Jose, CA
No, he is not a vetted RNY to DS revison surgeon.  Go ask this question on the DS board - there are various versions of the list - my personal list is shorter than some.  There are several who do the RNY to DS revision who are not up to my personal snuff - too many ERNY revisions instead, or poor results.
Band to DS
on 9/30/11 11:51 am, edited 2/3/12 11:12 pm
Unfortunately, I had to delete this post due to privacy concerns.

Got a lap band in 2008. Tried hard, but didn't lose much weight & developed swallowing problems. Fought my insurance company for almost a year & finally had a band to DS revision on 5/11/12. Have now lost 125 pounds. Yay!

Most Active