Band to RNY Revision a week ago

notagain
on 9/27/11 7:17 am
Hi all,
I'm new here and I was wondering if anyone might be able to answer this.

I had a band to rny revision on 9/16/11. I've been moved up to pureed foods. I am eating my 1/2 cup without problems and with out that full feeling I thought I was going to get. Anyone else have this happen or hear of it? I think it's odd and I'm scared I'm going to do damage before I've even started.

Thanks all
~KRIS
Band - 1/28/2008,  Revision - 9/16/2011, Ht - 5'9 
HW-335/Band SW-310/ Revision SW-285/CW-236

Hislady
on 9/27/11 9:32 am - Vancouver, WA
I've not had that surgery and I may be wrong but from reading here for 4 yrs. I believe you may not get the full feeling for awhile because nerves are cut during the surgery so you don't always get the full feeling right away until they've repaired some. I know with the band that the "full" feeling is different than before but not sure how it is with the RNY. You might post this on their board for a better answer. Congrats on getting rid of the band!
Ramie A.
on 9/27/11 10:06 am - Bronx, New York, NY

I was scared to death too.  I had band-to-RNY revision on 8/17.  Even during the full liquid stage after surgery everything was going down really good and I wondered why.  Then I moved to purees and then to soft foods and still everything was going in fine.  I was strictly limiting the amount of food to 3-6 tablespoons (about a quarter cup or less) and it felt like nothing.  I was so scared that I'd be able to eat just like before! 

Now I'm on regular food and I have overeaten a couple of times.  Let me tell you, IT IS SO DIFFERENT!  Unlike with the band where I got significant relief from throwing up, with the RNY I felt really uncomfortably full a half hour later.  Then I ate too much again and I'm like, "well, I'm not eating THAT much again."  I never, ever said that with the band (or before the band for that matter). 

So don't worry, this surgery is DIFFERENT than the band!  I have found it a million times easier to stop eating when I need to, and (knock on wood) so far haven't felt hungry or like munching on stuff.  I've already lost more weight with the RNY than I ever did on the band.

Congratulations and good luck on your journey!

Ramie A.

Lapband Nov 2006; revision to RNY 8/17/2011
5'3", HW: 205 / Consult: 189  /  SW: 184  /  CW: 140  /  GW: 130

allraindrops
on 9/27/11 8:04 pm
Thanks so much for this, I am really worried that I will fail, especially since I've talked to 5 doctors and they have ALL said different things about what kind of revision surgery I should get!
ginany
on 9/28/11 3:42 am - brooklyn, NY
DS on 04/23/12
When I had my RNY over 6 years ago I had the same issue.  About 3 weeks out I ate a whole pack of instant oatmeal and was not full.,  I called my surgeons office and they said eat slower.  WTF?  Im now planning a revision to DS
Gina    

RNY 1/26/06 
SW 345
Revised to DS 4/23/12
SW 268

Rhonda A.
on 9/28/11 7:30 am - North Providence, RI
I had my surgery aug 30 and I felt the same exact thing. However lately I am beginning to feel the healing has happened and I get full on hardly nothing at all. I made eggplant cause it's mushy and I ate about 2 oz and I was stuffed. I was so worried that my dr didn't do the surgery but now I feel it. And I agree with ramie I've lost more weight than I did with a band I had for 4 yrs!! Keep on trucking it's a long road we have but the destination is the reward

Most Active