Oh MY... I have a date, this is moving so fast

rebeccaj
on 9/2/11 11:55 am - Bowling Green, KY
I should not complain, I guess I am just a bit scared! I had my medical records from my band surgery as well as my Primary care physician forwarded to my surgeon, then I had my first consult with him on Monday August 22, 2011... I got the call today letting me know my insurance had approved my revision surgery.  WOW is all I have to say.  Less than 10 business days!!

I am scheduled for October 5th.  I am so excited, yet very scared. I haven't even told my boss I need off...lol, I guess he will get the memo:)
Hislady
on 9/3/11 8:27 am - Vancouver, WA
Congrats! Wow that was quick but I say run with the wind and get that nasty band out ASAP. Hope all goes smoothly with your revision.
(deactivated member)
on 9/4/11 1:14 pm
Shelley S.
on 9/6/11 7:14 am - Granite City, IL
Congrats!  I wish my time would move that fast.  Originally I went from today being my date to October 18.  I am so not happy to have to wait that long but I guess I shouldn't complain and should be happy I finally have a date.

Congrats again!  I am so happy for you. 

Shelley

He who finds diamonds must grapple in mud and mire because diamonds are not found in polished stones. They are made.

Dana R.
on 9/15/11 6:04 am - Niagara Falls, NY
Congrats!! That's how my initial surgery went, and I'm hoping for another miracle!! Who is your insurance provider?
rebeccaj
on 9/15/11 9:57 am - Bowling Green, KY
United Health Care... it was a nightmare when I had my Lapband, but took less than 2 weeks this time~
Caryn W.
on 9/15/11 6:36 am - Las Vegas, NV
I started my road to revision in Feburary. I actually just started my road to band removal...with no revision...but my doctor advised me that I NEEDED a revision because my Barrett's Esophagus. Then in July...I get the call that my doctor is being deployed...(yes i am seen on a military treatment facility) so I would get a new doctor, I was not happy. I had an appt on the 19th of July, and I left with a surgery date of Sept 7.  I was in SHOCK!!  I am now a week post-op and feeling fantastic, and 8 pounds less than my pre-op weight....holy crap!
rebeccaj
on 9/15/11 10:09 am - Bowling Green, KY

I really just wanted to have the band removed too... I was afraid I would gain weight more rapidly than I already was!   

I am so glad your revision is going well.  I am really nervous about this!  I have an EDG scheduled for in the morning,  Upper GI and all the pre- op blood work-op /EKG etc on Monday.  Then the fun starts with my 14 day pre-Op diet lol...Everything is happening so fast, but I know at the end of the day it is what I need:

Virgie Tschirhart
on 9/15/11 11:35 am - Midwest City, OK
RNY on 12/27/17

That's great congrats.  Which surgery are you going to get?

Best wishes to you!!!

Virgie Tschirhart

Lap Band - 2008, Sleeve - 2009, RYN - 2017

Started Program Weight July 13, 2017 - 194.2

Before Surgery Weight December 27, 2017 - 185.0

Current Weight - February 2018 - 161.0

Most Active