Band to Bypass anyone? Am I alone

jenrich
on 8/18/11 7:07 am - Bridgeport, TX
I have been approved for the revision on Sept 12th and am very excited but just wanted some reassurance from some others that I am not the only one still opting for the bypass instead of the sleeve....

~Jennie~

topaz11
on 8/18/11 9:00 am
I am also revising to RNY. waiting for approval now. Just finished last required appt . Hope to be meeting with Dr soon to get surgery date. CONGRATS TO YOU!  Try posting on the RNY message board too.

Hislady
on 8/18/11 9:43 am - Vancouver, WA
You are far from the only one, lots have chosen the RNY instead of the sleeve. It just depends on which one you are more comfortable with and what will work best for you. Best of luck on your revision!
TamaraL
on 8/18/11 9:47 am
I am band to RNY revision.  I had my surgery October 8,2010.  I only had 88 more to lose when I revised.  I have lost 60 pounds.

I feel so much better!!!

Tamara

Cheryl N.
on 8/18/11 2:50 pm - Des Moines, WA
Join the club!  I too am a band to RNY person, had revision done August 1st and am very happy.  No more problems with the band.   I am down 15 lbs.  But remember, the surgery will be a little harder, at least it was for me, not the surgery itself was hard (surgeon said it was easy case) but the recovery, being really tired, I was so out of it the first day and next day.

246 in Dec 2008 before banded 1/28/09 at 215 lbs, band crapped 9/09 at 170 lbs and struggled with it and regained to 203 revised to bypass on 8/1/11 and am very happy.

paulrap
on 8/19/11 3:27 am
I am revising from band to RNY on 9/26, so I will be right behind you! Keep us posted and best wishes on a speedy recovery!

Hope your day is great!

Paula

Banded 1/22/2009 Revision to RNY 9/26/11

Marti2
on 8/19/11 3:51 am
I'm going from band to RNY hopefully on 8/29.  I initially thought I would go with the sleeve but with my history of heartburn and reflux it's a bad choice, I don't want that forever.  My surgeon thinks RNY is the best option for me and I'm listening to him this time.  Last time I decided on the band after he recommended RNY, wish I had listened to him.
DonnaCrosland
on 8/19/11 5:23 am - WA
I had my band out July 2nd and am waiting til October 3 to get a sleeve.  Was going to do plication but Doc says I would be happier with the Sleeve - and I am like you listening to him. 

I think there are more and more of us out here that have failed bands and are looking at revisions.  Personally I know over 10 people who are either getting or have had revisions.

I am self pay - so I wi**** would have been the golden ticket with the band - but Iam more than willing to pay to get back to where I was...

Good luck - keep me posted.

Donna
mjst220
on 8/19/11 9:12 am
I am also researching a possible revision from my realize band. This has been nothing but a pain in the hiney. I am thinking of RNY, I am not sure if my surgeon does the sleeve. I go for an appt on monday.. Good luck to you guys!
C J
on 8/20/11 2:05 am - Franklin, MA

I revised from Band to RNY back in January!!

I was convinced that VSG was right for me so I fought with my insurance company for approval for like six months, after several appeals, tears and heartache, I was ultimately denied.  So I opted for RNY I couldn't be happier!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   SO GRATEFUL I was denied after all!!!

Restriction (from band or sleeve) is great but... with RNY you'll get a window of malabsorbtion bringing you closer to goal.  I'm considered a "slow loser" by my doc. because of all the scar tissue (left by my  distended lap-band) she had to make my pouch a bit bigger than normal, but 82Lbs in 7+ months... I'll take it!!!!!

RNY life is quite different from having a band... you're going to LOVE IT!

Congrats on your upcoming surgery!! 

I've been declared a slow loser - and couldn't be happier!!
 I  can,  I  will.  

Most Active