Revision

bnaumann2002
on 8/14/11 3:32 am - Meriden, KS
Has anyone had a revision from bpd/ds to gastric bypass?  Please advise.

Thank You,
Bettye

clpeltz
on 8/14/11 7:07 am
Why?  What is going on with you?  Your ticker shows that you have done AMAZING!  Why would you want to give up the DS when it has done you wo well?

RNY to DS Revision 4/29/2011
Dr. Henry Buchwald

"Think twice.....Cut ONCE"

bnaumann2002
on 8/14/11 1:06 pm - Meriden, KS
I didn't want the revision.  I had my DS in Oct 09.  I developed abcesses that wouldn't heal.  I was fed for several months through a J tube and pic line.  In Nov 10 another surgery was done to try and repair the abcesses that didn't work either.  So May 11 a revision was done to gastric bypass.  I  no longer have the abcesses but that surgery couldn't be done laproscopically.  My incision wouldn't heal and I wore a wound vac from May until just 3 weeks ago.  I have only been eatting food for 2 months.  I was restricted to sips of water and ice chips.  Your right my weight loss has been amazing but I believe it wasn't from working the program, it was from being fed through tubes and IVs.  Its been a long road and I feel that there is a light at the end of the tunnel.  I am still nursing the hole in my stomach I change the bandages at least 3 times daily.  Thank you ,
Bettye

clpeltz
on 8/14/11 11:18 pm
Oh my goodness Bettye!  You have really been through the ringer, haven't you.  I am glad that you feel there is a light at the end of the tunnel.  You certainly deserve it.  Do you know if they just revised the stomach?  Do you still have the malabsorption of the DS, or did they revise that too? 

RNY to DS Revision 4/29/2011
Dr. Henry Buchwald

"Think twice.....Cut ONCE"

Most Active