In need of informed, constructive words -- Puttin' It ALL out there

kjfras
on 8/14/11 11:28 am, edited 8/13/11 11:33 pm - North Lauderdale, FL
I had Open RNY July 2001 and I lost 164lbs. I kept it off for 7 years and then gained 50 lbs a year for 3 years...nothing I did would stop the weight gain and I finally ended up gaining back all but 1 lb of my initial weight loss. I also had reactive hypoglycemia from the surgery.

I flew across the country to have my DS revision with Dr.Keshishian. He is an amazing surgeon. For the first time after seeing 6 other doctors was he the first one that said "Kerry, it's not your fault." I was always blaming myself but it was not just me there was a failure in my surgery.

You will definitely lose slower as a revision. I'm at 8 months and have lost 93 lbs from surgery and a total of 114 lbs total and by this time with my original surgery I was already down 150+lbs.

You have two of the best surgeons for revisions - Dr.K and Dr.Rabkin....good luck to you know matter what you choose...just know you are NOT alone in this battle and others have been in the same place as you are now.

Good luck!

Kerry J                   Stillhopefull (Terry) is my Angel!!!! 
                                                    Angel to Baylady35310 (Linda)
7/9/01 RNY - 354 HW down to 192 LW
12/6/10 DS Revision - GW 170
DS HW 353
DS SW 332

DS CW 184 (-148 since surgery / -169 total) 

Plastics completed by Dr.Sauceda in MX 8/9/13 - LBL w anchor cut, long thigh lift, breast lift, butt augmentation and arm lift.               

(deactivated member)
on 8/14/11 12:17 pm
Kjfras -- YOU are my hero.  Dr. Keshishian is less than 50 miles away from me.

Not only did you give me the most impt information of my life, you have given me hope.  Thank you.  God bless you and I hope I can get into see him.  I will be calling him first thingin the morning.

I am up for the challenge, the surgery and whatever it takes to have the happy, healthy life I am meant to have.

You're an angel...a real one.

M
kjfras
on 8/14/11 12:57 pm - North Lauderdale, FL
You are too sweet!  There are MANY angels on the DS board...feel free to jump over there as often as you want and the best advise I can give you is to read, read, read...the DS is a much more "involved" surgery both before and after.

You will love Dr.K - I don't think there is anything the man can't do.  I just wish I could get back out there to see him more often for follow up visits but my 1 year visit will have to be enough.

You are definitely lucky to be so close!  That will save you a ton of money!  I worked with Lupe in his office in Glendale.

Keep me posted and keep your chin up girlie - it will all work out!

Kerry J                   Stillhopefull (Terry) is my Angel!!!! 
                                                    Angel to Baylady35310 (Linda)
7/9/01 RNY - 354 HW down to 192 LW
12/6/10 DS Revision - GW 170
DS HW 353
DS SW 332

DS CW 184 (-148 since surgery / -169 total) 

Plastics completed by Dr.Sauceda in MX 8/9/13 - LBL w anchor cut, long thigh lift, breast lift, butt augmentation and arm lift.               

teachmid
on 8/15/11 11:30 pm - OKC, OK
I totally agree with Kerry. Dr. Keshishian did my RNY to DS revision 8 months ago and he saved my life!!!
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

Most Active