freaked out about upcoming revision

Kelly-L
on 7/31/11 10:55 am - West Point, NY
I am having my revision of my roux en  y on 8/8. my initial surgery was in 2007 and I never lost all of my weight. First of all, I am afraid of failing again, and the reason that I am freaked out is because my ex husband died in sept due to his initial gastric bypass. he got a leak, they went in and didnt find the leak, but punctured his bowel, and left him like that for 5 days. He died from a heart attack because of infection. I know that it was negligence, but I am so scared that something will go wrong and my little boy will not have any parents. I have to have this done because of my pain and I have something called candy cane. It is a limb hanging off and it causes nausea, hunger, pain. I have severe heartburn. On top of my revision, I am getting my gallbladder taken out and a hernia repaired from one of my incisions. I was reading and it says that revision is not always successful. Do you know anyone who had a successful revision? I really want it to work this time. I am willing to eat right, but it said something about not being able to lose because of a metabolic change in my boday.
teachmid
on 7/31/11 10:38 pm - OKC, OK
Kelly,
My RNY was in 1989 and I had a revision last December. My surgery and recovery were uneventful despite my age (62), diabetes and hypertension. I was pretty frightened too and worried about post op complications, but I tend to be a worrier.

There are risks with any surgery, including WLS, and you fears are legitimate given what happened to your husband.

Hopefully you'll find some peace.

{{{{HUGS}}}}
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

Amy_Kleve
on 8/1/11 4:44 am - Adrian, MN
My revision surgery is tomorrow morning. I'm freaked out as well, but I think its normal to have doubts. Hang in there & GOOD LUCK!
Lap band 4 years ago. Revised to DS 8-2-11

wynter57
on 8/1/11 8:03 am - Panama City, FL
I am so sorry to hear what happened to your husband and your complications.

What are you being revised TO?

I have my revision surgery date on August 22nd. I had a VBG back in 1989 and am revising to a RNY.

I think we are all nervous, no matter what kind of surgery we are having.

God bless and keep you!
Wynter
 VBG Surgery 4/17/1989 - Revision TO RNY 8/22/2011 - 4 Days Prior To Surgery WT: 309.5

(deactivated member)
on 8/1/11 9:10 am
What revision are you having?
Most Active