Peer to Peer Update. DENIED 4th time

Band to DS
on 7/28/11 11:50 pm, edited 2/3/12 10:18 pm
Unfortunately, I had to delete this post due to privacy concerns.

Got a lap band in 2008. Tried hard, but didn't lose much weight & developed swallowing problems. Fought my insurance company for almost a year & finally had a band to DS revision on 5/11/12. Have now lost 125 pounds. Yay!

Sexyvt123
on 7/29/11 1:01 am
Shelli

I just got a copy of mines.  You will need to contact your HR dept and ask for the contact rep for benefits.  Once you get that you can ask her for it and they should have a copy avail for you.  Mines was sent to me in PDF form.  Good Luck.

Sexyvt123
on 7/29/11 12:59 am
Airbender your a life saver.  My gosh I got a copy and who knew.  This booklet explains everything to a T.  I mean everything step by step.  I came in this morning and started emailing everyone at my job until it was finally sent to me.  This booklet pretty much breaks down my entire benefit plan and the steps that should be taken from appeal to what BCBS should be doing.  Im going to read this book back and front before I start my appeal.  Thanks again.

Lori F.
on 7/29/11 1:57 am - Chula Vista, CA
 Dang...who knew there was more??? I'm getting my copy TODAY. Insurance procedures are such a SCAM. 
Pre-band highest weight: 244
Pre-band surgery weight: 233
Lowest: 199 ( for, like, a day)
CW:
260 (yes, with the band!) 
Current Fill: 5cc in 10cc band
BMI: 49
Sexyvt123
on 7/29/11 2:22 am
Who are you telling.  They take SCAM artist to a whole new other level.  I just found out that my insurance is indeed is self insured.  Thank god my job is so helpful and responsive.  I got so much information within the last 2 hrs. 

airbender
on 7/29/11 6:31 am
oh gosh i posted above,with information,  but these post buttons, I am not a techy, you are more than welcome....dont give up.....hopefully I posted this correct.....
Band to DS
on 8/1/11 10:16 am, edited 2/3/12 10:18 pm
Unfortunately, I had to delete this post due to privacy concerns.

Got a lap band in 2008. Tried hard, but didn't lose much weight & developed swallowing problems. Fought my insurance company for almost a year & finally had a band to DS revision on 5/11/12. Have now lost 125 pounds. Yay!

Sexyvt123
on 8/1/11 9:07 pm
Hey Shelli

Actually no they had no clue what I was talking about.  You have to ask for your benefit booklet that outline everything.  This will tell you what your options are when it comes to benefits.  It has everything in detail. 

Most Active