How many of us have had to/need to be revised from the "Band"?

Amy_Kleve
on 7/13/11 4:04 am - Adrian, MN
*My hand is in the air*

Getting rid of this crap-band and revising to DS on August 2nd!

Lap band 4 years ago. Revised to DS 8-2-11

Zee Starrlite
on 7/13/11 4:32 am
Fantastic choice with the DS!  Good luck with your surgery and healing.

L

3/30/2005 Lap Band installed  12/20/2010  Lap Band REMOVED  
6/6/2011 Vertical SLEEVE Gastrectomy

Ramie A.
on 7/13/11 4:55 am, edited 7/13/11 4:56 am - Bronx, New York, NY
Hand raised here too. My story is exactly like yours and the others here... puke, puke, puke! Diagnoised with band slip in May. I am completely unfilled and still can not eat a whole lean cuisine meal... or a half a sandwich ... or a 3 oz chicken breast ... paper work in to insurance co (who has already approved the band removal) to see if they'll pay for the revision. My BMI is around 32.
Lapband Nov 2006; revision to RNY 8/17/2011
5'3", HW: 205 / Consult: 189  /  SW: 184  /  CW: 140  /  GW: 130

glendaaus1
on 7/13/11 7:22 am - Canada
 I am going to see my doctor tomorrow, as I have just received a phone call from a surgeon (actually him) and he has agreed to do my revision from lapband to DS.  Now to try and get insurance and/or government insurer to play ball.

So that's definitely a hand up for me!
(deactivated member)
on 7/13/11 9:47 am
Hand up for me.  Not happy about it, but my hand is up.  The band is such a scam.  Glad for those of you whom it has worked for but there are so many of us that have not done well.  Not worth it.  Less invasive?  I'm heading to surgery number two because they think this thing is hurting my esophagus, that's pretty invasive!
Shawn Jordan
on 7/13/11 3:22 pm - Joshua, TX
 I have my hand up and giving the crap band the finger also! I feel double stupid because not only was I convinced to get the band...I was also convinced that I needed a revision and the band redone......SO I have had two crap bands! Looking into bypass now.
Band to DS
on 7/14/11 10:26 am, edited 2/3/12 9:55 pm
Unfortunately, I had to delete this post due to privacy concerns.

Got a lap band in 2008. Tried hard, but didn't lose much weight & developed swallowing problems. Fought my insurance company for almost a year & finally had a band to DS revision on 5/11/12. Have now lost 125 pounds. Yay!

kimhoke
on 7/15/11 4:11 am
Thank you for thinking of this hand count.  Add my name to the list.  I was banded on July 7, 2010 and only lost a total of 27lbs within 6 months.  My one year surgiversary was last week and I have regained 18 lbs.  I throw up on a daily basis because food constantly gets stuck .  Don't even get me started on the great discomfort I have with acid reflux.  I will eventually have it removed even if I have to pay for it myself.  

This is truly the worst mistake of my life.  I wish there was a way that we could  sue the manufactuers.  Although, I seriously doubt that we will win but If nothing else, it would bring lots and bad publicity and save the suffering of others.  

Kim 

Nic M
on 7/16/11 3:12 am
I "revised" from dying with the lapband to living with no form of WLS.  Too much damage to the old gutteroonies to have any other type of surgery, unfortunately.

The band is a ridiculously barbaric way to try to facilitate weight loss. 

No exaggeration on the "dying with the lapband" statement, either. I was *thisclose* to kicking the bucket from complications directly resulting from the lapband. I'm fat... but much smarter now.

Avoid kemmerling, Green Bay, WI

(deactivated member)
on 7/16/11 10:12 am
 Me too! Had it for 2 1/2 years and had a miserable 2 years with it it.

I've had the DS now for 2 years and won't even try to explain the huge difference I've had with eating.

Most Active