I have a jejunal diverticulum,

csbernard
on 7/6/11 10:37 pm
I had RNY in August of 2003. I now live in Dallas and have been having horrible pain after eating.  I had a EGD and they discovered I have a jejunal diverticulum.  My surgery is August the 5th. unless they can move my date up due to alot of pain. I noticed someone name Allie had it done in 2009 but can't seem to locate her, is she still here? Would love to chat with her.
Cathy Bernard
Revision 8/08/2011
Dr. John Alexander

West2
on 11/2/12 8:29 am - TX

I also had the RNY back in 1992 and have started having stomach pain, burning and went to regular dr. for it. They did not know what was causing it so they put me on stomach acid meds. I have been on them since 2008. I finally went to Dr. Alexander in Dallas and he did a EGD and found that I have jejunal divertculum. I am now scheduled to have surgery on Nov. 7th 2012.

Has anyone had this? If so what was your down time and how are you doing now?

Thanks

pineview01
on 11/2/12 1:58 pm - Davison, MI

Did your try PMing Cathy?

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Tracy Ta Da
on 7/15/13 7:26 am - Hurst, TX

Hi! I had RNY is 2003 and Dr. A is telling me the same thing, I was wondering if you got the corrective surgery and how it's going for you?

Tracy Morton

Thanks!

Tracy
Start 336
Surgery Dec 2003

Gained back up to 277.  Revision planned to resolve jejunum diverticulitis. Post revision completed 12/2013

Nancy C.
on 3/28/16 9:55 am - Dallas, TX

Hi Tracy,

I was wondering after you had your surgery with Dr. Alexander in 2013, how did the results come out?  Are you happy with your weight loss again?  Is the pain and discomfort gone?  Would love if you could share with me.  Thank you.

Nancy            
jscofy
on 9/23/15 2:18 pm

I just saw your message and am wondering if you had the surgery to correct the jejunal diverticulum as I have had the same diagnosis from the same doctor. If you had surgery, did it solve the problem?

thanks

Nancy C.
on 3/30/16 6:37 pm - Dallas, TX

I have my surgery this coming Friday (4/1/16) and I will be happy to share my results with you and anyone else that would like to know. 

Nancy            
Nancy C.
on 3/28/16 9:57 am - Dallas, TX

Hi, 

I would love to hear about your results with Dr. Alexander and if your problems were solved and you lost the weight again.  I have surgery scheduled this Friday and I'm hoping for the best.  Please share if you don't mind.  Thanks.

Nancy            
Frenchqtrgirl
on 10/29/13 2:06 am - Dallas, TX

I had RNY back in 2004 and have pretty much the same issues along with all of my weight gain back... I went to see Dr Alexander in Dallas and in the process of getting everything done and approved in order to have the corrective surgery.  I'll post when I learn more and keep you all informed of my progress.

Nancy C.
on 3/28/16 9:52 am - Dallas, TX

I have finally been diagnosed with Jejunal Diverticulum after searching for an answer for 2 years of pain and discomfort.  I too live in Dallas.  My surgery is scheduled for this Friday (April 1, 2016).  I will be more than happy to tell you of my results before your upcoming surgery date.  My direct email is [email protected], please feel free to contact me directly and I will be happy to tell you of my progress. For me this has been a long and painful journey of doctor after doctor telling me there is nothing wrong with me and that there is nothing they can do for me.  My doctor is Dr. Alexander and I understand he is only one of two surgeons in the Dallas area that will perform this surgery.  Hope to here from you soon and good luck.  Hang in there.  I'm hoping for a resolve and additional weight loss of pounds gained due to the jejunal diverticulum.

Nancy            
Most Active