Had revision had complications . need help

airbender
on 7/1/11 7:19 am
I am sorry for your pain, a leak is difficult to heal from.  your post doesn't state what you revised from to.  but leaks are seen on VSG and RNY.  Dont' expect to want to eat.  Anyone who has had either of those procedures and is a revision pt is at a higher risk for leaks.  wishing you well, take one day at a time...
Campari
on 7/3/11 12:39 pm
 I had revision rny from 1988 old stapling 
i am 218
57 yrs old

I worry cause I have stents in to heal the leak and they keep saying I need to eat to heal.. But I am having so much trouble.
thank you
Lisa N.
on 7/3/11 2:15 am - Williston Park, NY
 I am sorry you are going through this. I was revised back to an RNY last Nov.  I wound up having complications after surgery and it was very scary.  What kind of foods are you on?  I would try to eat and drink every couple of hours so you can keep your strength up.  Hang in there every day will get better.
   Lisa
Campari
on 7/3/11 12:42 pm
 thanks.  Everything hurts .
I have stents they are metal and are trying to heal the leak.
all food and liquid hurt.
I hate the shakes they are so heavy.
one day I can eat jello the next it makes me sick.
it is so difficult to figure it out.
especially because I am so weak and feel awful
also I have fibromyalgia so the pain is trible what a normal person would feel.
thanks all.

missnanajean
on 7/4/11 1:39 pm - Friendswood, TX
Get  some Crystal Light Hydration and sip it it is full oft he vitamins that will help you feel better  Get V8 Fusion  to drink it has Green Tea in it and Vitamin C that will help the fibromyalgia pain it is a natural antiinflammatory . You need to stay hydrated I know I also have fibromyalgia and I hurt all over when I haven;t drank enough. The more you sip and ge in the better you will feel. Mix Fage greek yogurt with sugarfree jello pudding and a little milk  for a flavor change. The moe protein you are able to get in the better you will heal. I also drink Believe italian cappicino that has 20grms of protein in 8 oz.s Your minerals a nd vitamins are getting out of wack you need to fight to get on track. Sorry you are having problems but the surgery is worth it once you get on  even keel. Keep posting we are here to support you hang on!
  Miss  Jean   
Campari
on 7/17/11 8:52 am
 thanks  I had the crystal light hydration before and Now I can't get it down.
I will try Green tea but not sure I can have it cause I am on coumadin.  I love Fage and now for the last two days I can't stand the taste of it.. it just sits there and I burp it.  I can't have caffine yet.  where do you get Believe italian cappiccino?  
I will try the fage with the pudding..
thank you.
stents come out tues or wed. I hope all is well. and then I can eat and get some strenght back.
thanks for the kind thoughts
missnanajean
on 7/17/11 12:19 pm - Friendswood, TX
I get themt at Nutrtion Depot here in Houston  and he gets it from Bariatriceating.com. It cost about $4/ bottle and it comes 12 to a case. They have Mocha and cremebrulee  and Italian Cappicino. How abou tSwiss cheese it has 7gems protein and  only 50grms sodium and 50 calories?
  Miss  Jean   
Ms Shell
on 7/3/11 9:41 am - Hawthorne, CA
I can't imagine what you are going through just wanted to share that I have seen so many people SURVIVE and THRIVE after leaks.  Just hang in there, they caught the leak and now you're on the mend.

Ms Shell

"WLS is only for people who are ready to move past the "diet" mentality" ~Alison Brown
"WLS is not a Do-Over (repeat same mistakes = get a similar outcome.)  It is a Do-BETTER (make lifestyle changes you can continue forever.)" ~ Michele Vicara aka Eggface

randy S.
on 7/3/11 10:10 am - brooklyn, NY
WHAT KIND OF EVISION?
WHO DID IT?
I AM SOOO SORRY U ARE HAVING THESE ISSUES. STAY HYDRATED. VERY IMPORTANT.
BE WELL!!!!
randy S.
on 7/3/11 10:12 am - brooklyn, NY
WHAT KIND OF REVISION?
WHO DID IT?
I AM SOOO SORRY U ARE HAVING THESE ISSUES. STAY HYDRATED. VERY IMPORTANT.
BE WELL!!!!
Most Active