RNY TO LAP BAND?

Cali_SL
on 6/1/11 4:29 am - Los Angeles, CA
Has anyone here had Lap Band surgery after having the RNY? If so, what was your experience?
~Cali          
sosoclark
on 6/1/11 5:50 am - Sacramento, CA
There are a few people on the board that have been successful with this type of revision. I had RNY to DS and so far so good. Make sure you do all of your research before doing anything.

Sophia

heathercross
on 6/1/11 11:50 am - New York, NY
Hi. I'm scheduled for the BOB (band over bypass) on June 23rd. I had a gastric bypass in 2002 and went from 305 to 175, today I'm at 246! I am not interested in a RNY revision bc (a) it's too dangerous and (b) it fIled me once, it could again. Also no DS bc it's too drastcic and all I have to love is 5o-75 lbs. I'm trying to update my profile as much as possible. Feel free to email me [email protected]
Wishmeluck123
on 6/1/11 10:13 pm
I had researched this path as well.....It can be done. However, if you read the RNY message board....many people have failed with the band and have then converted to the RNY after all.....
For me I was not a candidate for the band due to an auto-immune disease I have......so I opted for the RNY revision. I feel great.....Glad I did it. Its all about making smart choices and eating the correct portion size......hard as heck....but I was blessed with this 2nd chance and going to do it!

Good luck!....
Melissa~ 

Acceptance means that you can find the serenity within to let go of the past with its mistakes and regrets, move into the future with a new perspective, and appreciate the opportunity to take a second chance!

Cali_SL
on 6/2/11 2:51 am - Los Angeles, CA
Thanks for the feedback. Going to do my reserach before I make a decision.
~Cali          
MsBatt
on 6/2/11 5:58 am
Ah...is your ticker correct? Are you really only 18 pounds from goal?

Inless you have some serious medical issues caused by your RNY, no reputable surgeon is going to give you a revision simply because you need to lose another 18 pounds. Are you aware that MOST people who have WLS do NOT lose 100% of their excess weight? Losing 50% is considered a success.
Cali_SL
on 6/2/11 9:39 am - Los Angeles, CA

Actually, my ticker is a little off. I more like 25 pounds away from my goal. My concern is that I've only lost 58 lbs since surgery. Everyone else that has the RNY lose at least 100 lbs.  I should adjust my  ticker to begin from my surgery weight and not my highest weight.

~Cali          
(deactivated member)
on 6/2/11 6:33 pm - San Diego, CA
Hi Cali!

I had a band-over-bypass (BOB) in 5/09 and have been VERY successful thus far.  Surpassed my goal by 30 lbs and have maintained that loss for nearly 17 months now.

Any questions, feel free to ask.

Cheers,

Lisa (I'm in San Diego - not too far from you!
) :)
Soon to be Mrs.
Robinson

on 6/7/11 10:09 am
Hello all,

I too am researching the BOB.

I had GB in 6/2006- 290 on the date of surgery and reached my goal of 175 pounds the following year (I'm 5'9). I now teeter between 235 and 237.

Are there any points of interest that one should consider when researching this revision type?

'Say what you feel....Because those that matter....don't mind....And those that mind....don't matter. '

~8 pounds gone since High Protein/Low Carb Diet~Feels Great!!

Most Active