Revision....

kandie63
on 5/10/11 10:11 am
same here took 7 hours.  feel better though
Wishmeluck123
on 5/10/11 10:18 am
You are most welcome! Support is key!

I had my original surgery 2001 which was the RNY....and had the RNY revision 4/28/2011

Wishmeluck123
on 5/10/11 10:19 am
My pouch now is back to about 3-4oz  
Covergurl
on 5/10/11 10:33 am - Cleveland, OH
 wow okay great....I am really glad you doing well! How long was your hospital stay? and how are you feeling now.... are you able to get around okay or are you in alot of pain?

CoverGurl
Wishmeluck123
on 5/10/11 10:48 am
Hospital stay was 2 days.....I am feeling wonderful now...almost pain free...one sensitive spot. I would have to say the hardest part this time around for me so far was having protein shakes and ONLY protein shakes.....First time I was eating oatmeal  eggs soft foods post op....

I had a huge meltdown tonight....I mean i was home bound couldnt drive for 2 weeks PLUS cant eat...well now that is torture beyond......I I just felt overwhelmed....

Sooooo tonight I had 1 egg scrambled with a little cheese feel much better...tomorrow I would be allowed to have eaten it...but I truly felt like I was going insane.....Thank god my husband and son are so supportive...I sort of gave them a heads up tonight that I was on the verge of a meltdown...and please accept my apologies in advance......But that egg was perfect and I am FULL....ate about 3/4 of it....feel so much better and calmer.......So I will tell the doc tomorrow I had no choice....I do not think it will do anything........I feel it a little bit now in my stomach but it will go down eventually :o)

Covergurl
on 5/11/11 7:04 am - Cleveland, OH
 I was the same way with my first surgury only I ate a tablespoon of cottage cheese. I felt so week I cut the clear liquids short and tried the full liquids...I felt so much better. I guess I really needed some protein....lol Thanks for all your help....I hope to know next week whether I am approved or not....it will completely be up to how the surgeon bills my surgery...if its a complication from the other surgery it will be covered ....if it is purely a revision.....it will not and I will have to change jobs and try again later under an insurance that covers the procedure....keep me in prayer....I have now put it all in the Lords hands and I am going to do my part eat properly, exercise and follow the bypass rules.!!

CoverGurl
Wishmeluck123
on 5/11/11 10:30 am
I will keep you in my prayers that you get the approval you need! I was so lucky mine got approved in like 2-3 days. I was expecting a denial at first....I was so blessed. You will be too! :o) Keep positive....and I will pray for ya!

Covergurl
on 5/11/11 10:39 am - Cleveland, OH
 Thank you so much...I truly appreciate it.....if my surgery is not approved I am probably going to have to change jobs in order to get it approved.... that  pospones everything!!

CoverGurl
Most Active