Revision....

Covergurl
on 5/8/11 12:22 pm - Cleveland, OH
 Well family it looks like a revision is in order. My Doc says my pouch is to big (dilation) and wants to go back in and cut it back down to its proper size. I had a lap gastric bypass in 2005 and over the last year or so gained about 35 pounds and I was not at goal. So anyway just wondering if anyone has had their pouch "repaired" ? As soon as I find out the name of the procedure I will let you know!

On another note the revision is not covered by my insurance unless preauthorized (Aetna is my insurance) Has anyone had to go through a preauth?

Thanks OH fam ....I love yall!

CoverGurl
(deactivated member)
on 5/9/11 8:54 am
Sounds like your surgeon wants to do a stomaphyx or rose procedure. They're both worthless options.
Covergurl
on 5/10/11 9:59 am - Cleveland, OH
 So I have heard.... I hope those arent the procedures....

CoverGurl
kandie63
on 5/10/11 9:51 am
had a revision on 3/31/11. Wl seemed to be a little slower but lost 18 pounds to date. My pouch was stretched, had open bypass first and laproscopic this time around.
Covergurl
on 5/10/11 9:58 am - Cleveland, OH
 what procedure did they do  Kandie?

CoverGurl
kandie63
on 5/10/11 10:11 am
cut it back down to size
Wishmeluck123
on 5/10/11 9:58 am
Wishmeluck123
on 5/10/11 9:59 am
AND PS: Mine needed preauth and was approved in less then 5 days.....
Wishmeluck123
on 5/10/11 10:02 am
Hi ~ You sound exactly like me. I had my original done in 2001.....Lost 100lbs....Never got to goal and gradually starting to gain. I gained about 45lbs......I wanted to nip it in the bud and lose more...So I just had my revision April 28, 2011......

So far so good.... -19 lbs already....Feeling really great and will go for my 2 weeks post op tomorrow. And hopefully back to work and life starting Thursday.

You will do great.....I think this is all part of learning.....part of the journey of wls...lots of people gain weight. My doctor actually said that he never saw anything like it during it my surgery and it was 5 hrs long. Was only to be about 2 maybe 3 - The stomach was a mess....there was a limb that formed and caused a huge mess. I had a hernia repair too....as tons of scar tissue removed. Honestly, I feel like a new woman. So will you...

Much luck and happiness...

Melissa~
Covergurl
on 5/10/11 10:05 am - Cleveland, OH
 Thanks Melissa I sure appreciate it . What procedure did you have? Or did they just cut it back down to proper size?

CoverGurl
Most Active