Lap band revision

lindan54
on 5/8/11 10:17 am
hi everyone, i just had a lap band revision last monday.I had that and a hiatal hernia repaired.All went well but I had a lot more pain than I remember 6 years ago when I got the band alone but  the dr said the hernia was bigger than she thought.the dr put in the new 12 cc band as the old one held 4 cc's and can't wait to have it filled once the swelling goes down.My insurance approve it,bs/bs nj direct.I know some of you have been denied but I was having problems with leakage etc so the dr said it was necessary so they approved it.Hopefully that helps some of you to be hopeful.Anyway my journey begins again.The 3 weeks the band was deflated I was like my old self with uncontrolable hunger so i know i need this band.Thank to all who wrote to me to give me advice for revision and if I can answer any of your questions now that i had it please write to me.Thanks, Linda
Band to DS
on 5/10/11 12:52 pm, edited 2/4/12 3:08 am

Unfortunately, I had to delete this post due to privacy concerns.

Got a lap band in 2008. Tried hard, but didn't lose much weight & developed swallowing problems. Fought my insurance company for almost a year & finally had a band to DS revision on 5/11/12. Have now lost 125 pounds. Yay!

Most Active