Well that news stinks! :(

(deactivated member)
on 5/10/11 3:03 am - NJ
Congrats on getting rid of that "thing"!  I had mine removed and RNY done in two separate surgeries too.  I was bummed and my surgeon explained that the damage caused by the band needed to heal and that he believes that you get better results from the two surgeries.

I agree, I am two years out and weighing in at anywhere from 103 - 108.  I have been maintaining for over a year now.

Having the band out was a piece of cake - the only thing was that the port area was painful for a bit. 

Good luck and please feel free to ask any questions - I haven't posted over here in a while, but I am a longtime OH member.

Balynn34
on 5/11/11 10:14 pm
VSG on 04/04/12
Thanks Jennifer!  I'm really researching which is best for me, going with the sleeve or RNY.  I'm a little scared of malabsorbsion but I have about 160-170 to lose and I think that might be my best chance.  I just don't want to do this again and not lose all of the weight. 

Barbara    

(deactivated member)
on 5/12/11 10:16 am - NJ
That's a call only you can make.  I went with the RNY because of the malabsorption - I just can't eat sugar in large quantities, which is no biggie.  

Good luck with your decision and keep us posted!

And you will feel like a new person with that thing out of you!  OMG! 
Michelle F.
on 5/13/11 12:06 am
The best thing I did was have my band taken out of me after almost 3 years!  I was sleeved in the same surgery.  I decided on VSG because I suck at vitamins...I take a multi and B most days, but I didn't want to malabsorp.  It's almost 11 weeks and I'm down 37 pounds (I had gained 45 pounds once my band slipped and had fluid taken out in September) and my damaged, dilated esophagus is FINALLY starting to heal.  The relief of not having that tightness on my chest is the best feeling ever!

Good luck!
Most Active