Finally .... 1st Conult wth Surgeon

Holly O.
on 5/2/11 5:29 am, edited 5/3/11 6:27 am - FL
Finally today I got a call from the surgeon's office.  I will have my consult on May 23d...just 2 weeks away.    I want a revision from the lapband to the RNY.  I am lucky my insurance is going to take care of it.  When I had the lapband in 2006 Tricare Prime didn't cover the lapband, it was considered "experimental".  So I paid cash.........where if I would of went with the RNY they would of paid for it.........no problem.  So here I am having to go through all of this all over again.  The surgeon I orignally had in 2005 only did lapbands.  This past week Iwent to a seminar in Tampa and this surgeon does the band, the sleeve, and the RNY.  He explained to us..........not one thing fits all people's needs. It was so interesting listen to him talk.  Someone asked the question to which surgery has he done the most revisions on and he told us the "band".  I just sighed and said to myself........live and learn!!!
   Holly                                      
teresarenea
on 5/2/11 5:50 am - KY
I am so happy for you!!!!!!
Teresa            
Hislady
on 5/2/11 9:11 am - Vancouver, WA

So glad it's all workjing out for you. I'm sure you will be much happier with the RNY at least we know that works and you've had good training with the band.

Stacey-71
on 5/2/11 9:54 am - OH
whooo hooo!
The Best of Luck!
1Haute Diva
on 5/2/11 12:48 pm - Fort Stewart, GA
RNY on 03/20/12
You're on your way!!! Hope these two weeks fly by for you.
- Shaw

Holly O.
on 5/3/11 6:19 am - FL
Thanks guys!!  I will be so happy on the 23rd...........just to talk to the surgeon will be heavenly!!!  I want this band out so bad.  After attending the seminar I realized now that a lot of people have a revision from band to RNY............he said it was very common!!
Thanks for your support!!
   Holly                                      
Band to DS
on 5/3/11 1:56 pm, edited 2/4/12 2:59 am

Unfortunately, I had to delete this post due to privacy concerns.

Got a lap band in 2008. Tried hard, but didn't lose much weight & developed swallowing problems. Fought my insurance company for almost a year & finally had a band to DS revision on 5/11/12. Have now lost 125 pounds. Yay!

Alottolose
on 5/4/11 2:34 am
 Yay, Holly!! 

I am so excited for you! Our stories are very similar, as you know, and the funny part is that I am having my lap band out and revised to RNY on May 23!!   I am so thrilled to finally be free of this crazy thing, that I have lived with since November of 2006! It sounds like you will be heading to the loser's bench, soon!!

~Sabra

HW-305  SW-271.5  CW-188 GW-150  Ticker includes -14 lbs pre op diet loss
Holly O.
on 5/4/11 5:11 am - FL
Sabre!!  I wish you the best!!  Did you have any trouble getting your surgeon to do the revision??  I sure all goes well!!!
   Holly                                      
Most Active