Revision LapBand to RNY on 4/26/11..liquids?

SharByTheSea
on 4/30/11 12:04 am
Home for 2 days now....but finding it very difficult to get all the liquids in.  I am on pain meds, which make me sleep, so when I am awake, I have to cram all the liquids down....please tell me this will get better really soon!  I am walking, NOT hungry at all, just very concerned about dehydrationWould welcome all suggestions & support.

LapBand: 10/2004
RealizeBand: 02/2009
Revision: LapBand/RNY 04/26/2011
Holly O.
on 4/30/11 4:49 am - FL
Congratulations on your surery!!  I also we be having a revison this summer to RNY.  Can' wait to get rid of the lapband.  Did he doit all in 1 surgery??  Just curious!!  Ihaven't had the RNY so I can't give you any advice, hopfully somone willl post and give you advice.  Hang in there!!  -Holly
   Holly                                      
TamaraL
on 4/30/11 10:29 am
Holly,

When do you talk to your surgeon??  You need to write down questions for him.

Example: what would prevent him from doing the surgery in 1 procedure??  Has he done the surgery in 1 surgery before??

Here is why I am saying this.  a lot of surgeons do not do the surgery in 1 procedure.  I wanted it in 1 because my BMI was close and I didn't think the insurance would approve me if I had 2 surgeries.  I was so happy with my revision in 1 surgery.  I did not want to have 2 surgeries because I don't do good with anesthesia.

Write down all of your questions and concerns.  Thats the only way that you are going to feel comfortable with your concerns

Tamara

Holly O.
on 5/1/11 1:03 am - FL
Thanks Tamara...........everyday I add something to my list.  The surgeon's office is supposed to call me tomorrow with  consult appt.  Thanks for the advice!!!  -Holly
   Holly                                      
TamaraL
on 4/30/11 10:25 am
the first week is the hardest.  I did sleep alot.  When I was awake I drank sips every few minutes.  I was on a schedule.  Like 5 little medicine cups in 10-15 minutes.  Just do the best you can.  They really don't expect you to get 60 oz right out of surgery. 

It will get easier and each day you will drink more.

Dont drink too fast or it will cause pain and belching

Tamara

Holly O.
on 5/3/11 6:26 am - FL
Tamara,

Finally have my c onsult visit the 23rd of May..............still jotting down questions!!
   Holly                                      
Most Active