Weight stall- band to RNY

jenrich
on 4/10/11 5:23 pm - Bridgeport, TX
I am gonna be nosey sorry just curious why was the surgery rough for you? I am currently waiting for approval from the insurance company for my revision from the lap..
(deactivated member)
on 4/10/11 10:55 pm
I was in the hospital for a week for a couple of reasons. My doctor said that in general, the surgery is rougher on revision patients. I couldn't get my pain under control without the morphine pump. As a result, I was unable to walk for long periods of time. I had ALOT of gas build up. My doctor wasn't comfortable with me leaving until I produced a bowel movement or gas (Sorry TMI!). I went back into the hospital a week later for a fever- the result of a bad UTI I got from my catheter. Looking back, yes, it was miserable. BUT, I'm so glad I did it! I just looked at the calendar- I'm only 2 months out. Time flies when your having fun!. I've lost close to 40 lbs and dropped 3 sizes.  My energy is almost back to 100% (no coffee yet... I'm dying in the morning!). I feel wonderful, and finally broke my weight stall. No problems with dumping or any bad food incidents. I view my revision as my LAST surgery. I had 5 surgeries with complications from the band- I'm done with the knife!
Feel free to ask any more questions!
Stacey-71
on 4/11/11 12:39 am - OH
I am currently scheduled for a Lap band revision to RNY surgery for 05/23/11. I am a bit nervous! My question for you is how long were you off work? I work from home doing transcription and I was hoping to not have much down time. Also, I see that you mentioned you had a hospital stay for 5 days!! Is that because you had pain (gas pain), so they kept you longer? I was soooo hoping to be out of the hopsital in 3 days! Also, I still have fluid in my band. Did you? I have some questions for my doc, but I don't see her again until 04/28/11 and was just being nosey! Thanks for your time. And it looks like you are doing GREAT with your weight loss!
(deactivated member)
on 4/11/11 3:57 am
I was home from work for 3 weeks. I could only do half time at work for a week, then eased back. However, I work with kids, so I'm constantly on my feet. I was in pain because of the gas and from the incisions. For some reason, the pain killers weren't working. My dr. said everyone is different though. I had so many other surgeries from the band, so I'm sure my body was all banged up. However, the dr said that typical for revisions is 3-5 day stay. I did have some fluid, but they took it out maybe the month before surgery. Good luck with your surgery! You'll be fine!!
jenrich
on 4/11/11 4:49 pm - Bridgeport, TX
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with me I know I will be fine but it is great to be able to ask someone who has already been through it all just how it feels lol..Good luck it looks like you are doing sooooo awesome
Most Active