Weight stall- band to RNY

(deactivated member)
on 4/4/11 2:26 am
Hi all-
I had a revision from band to RNY in February. Since then, I've lost over 30 lbs. However, I haven't lost any weight in the past 3 weeks-month. I know stalls are normal, but I'm wondering if my weight loss will be slower (or is this all that I'll loose?) than the typical RNYer because I was previously banded. Has anyone experienced anything similar? Is my metabolism all messed up?
TamaraL
on 4/4/11 10:06 am

I am lap band to RNY.  I started out at 218 at pre op and now weigh 170.  I have lost slower but not sure if it is because I started at lower weight or because of revision.  I did ask my surgeon about this and he said that my weight loss should not be slower.

At my appointments I  have been right on track perecentage wise.

Here is my suggestion.  Go on daily plate and log your calories.  Follow your nutritional plan.  Make sure you are getting in your protien.  IF not add protien.  Make sure you are getting in enough calories.  You are going to have stalls.  Just make sure you are following your plan. 

How many calories are you getting??

Tamara

(deactivated member)
on 4/5/11 10:57 pm
I would say, without logging in the info, I'm consuming 800-1000 calories a day. Just out of curiosity, how many do you aim for? My doctor never gave me a plan, just to get 60-80 g of protein a day (which I am getting).
TamaraL
on 4/5/11 11:10 pm
I eat between 800-1000 calories a day.  Occasionally 1200.  I eat between 60-80 grams of protien.  I have found some days I was eating a lot of high calorie foods and I have to be careful of that.

Logging food is important because you may be taking in more calories than you think.  Did they give you any instructions like eating protien first, then vegetables or fruit.  I had a good lap band dietician so I am really able to use those instructions now.

Tamara

(deactivated member)
on 4/6/11 2:20 am
i just started on the daily plate- I love it! Yes, they said to always eat protein first. I'm going to go to my doctor on Thursday and request to speak to a dietcian. I haven't seen one since my surgery!
Holly O.
on 4/6/11 5:25 am - FL
Hi!  I'm new to the site, and I am in the process of getting a surgeon to go from lapband to RNY.  I ws banded 5 years ago and initially lost 25 lbs........then that pretty was much it.  So depressing.  So after 5 years I am seeking a reviso.  I have to attend a 2 hr. seminar first before I can schedule the appt. with my surgeon for a consult.  I just have a couple of questions for you if you don't mind.   Did your surgeon discourage you from doing the revision?  Someone on one board said their surgon said if the lapband didn't work the RNY probably wouldn't work.  I never ever heard that, I guess that is why I'm asking.  Thanks for the info.  -Holly
Joanlaptods
on 4/6/11 5:46 am
Hi Holly
The lapband failed me as well >I chose DS check out DSfacts.com it has best results for longterm success.
Joan

start 315lbs lapband feb2006-196 lbs night Reflux bc esophageal dilation,216 lbs band replaced may 2008. Gained up to 286lbs still reflux and regurg Ds March 2011   cw 165 lb    

(deactivated member)
on 4/6/11 5:59 am
I'm only 3 months out, so I am not a long term example. My band was pretty much successful- I lost 80 lbs total, but with multiple slips, my doctor told me it had to come out. He also said most likely I will gain the weight back and then some, without another procedure (he recommended RNY). So far, I've lost about 40 lbs total. My doctor told me I won't loose a ton of weight- maybe 50-60 lb. The surgery for me was rough, I was in the hospital for 1 week, but have recovered nicely!!! Feel free to ask any questions!
indygirl
on 4/7/11 5:27 am - indianapolis, IN
Im a bit curious as to why he said you would only lose 50-60lbs.
(deactivated member)
on 4/10/11 10:49 pm
To be honest, I'm not sure why. Maybe because I was a lower BMI to start with, or because I still had some restriction with the band. I FINALLY broke my stall though! 
Most Active