Band to sleeve? Less hungry?

soulsister
on 3/19/11 3:34 am - NY
If you have revised from the band to sleeve can you please tell me if you have less hunger with the sleeve due to the grehlin component?
Is there a big difference with hunger?
MsBatt
on 3/19/11 5:18 am
I'm not a revision---but pre-op, I was, literally, hungry ALL THE TIME. Even when I was physically stuffed, I still wanted 'one more bite'. My sateity mechanism just plain didn't work.

I when with the DS, so I have a Sleeved stomach. Now I have what I think of as 'normal' hunger---I get hungry, I eat a normal portion, and I'm satisfied for a few hours. Like normal people.

I'm assuming it's because of losing all that exces stomach tissue and its ghrelin. All I know for certain is that over seven years post-op, I just never have that all-consuming, gnawing hunger I had al the time pre-op.
Michelle F.
on 3/19/11 5:21 am
I was sleeved almost 3 weeks ago from the band, I'm still hungry but I'm also still on full liquids.  I think that will change once I'm back to eating a full diet.  I still have cravings for junk, that doesn't go away with a revision...it didn't go away with my band, although I didn't give in to my cravings until my slip and I was unfilled.

I know some people say it took 6 weeks or so for their hunger to go away, maybe for the ghrelin to get out of their system...who knows.  I'm just thrilled to not be choking onliquids anymore!
Band to Sleeve Revision 3/1/11

_rebecca
on 3/19/11 11:17 am - Houston, TX
VSG on 12/27/10 with
Once I started eating solid food, I did notice a HUGE difference.  In fact, just recently, my desire to eat has deminished greatly.  The biggest difference for me is my mind set about food.  Food does not control me anymore.  Even if I do want something, I eat it and get full really fast so I stop eating.  I do get hungry at meal times, but when I eat, I get full and I stay that way until it is time to eat again.  There are foods I used to love that don't taste good to me anymore. 
spybo
on 3/19/11 6:08 pm - Houston area, TX
With my band I wasn't hungry for 5 years.  With my sleeve I get hungry and sometimes hypoglycemic 2 hours after I eat. 
USAF Wife
on 3/20/11 9:29 pm
I'm over 21 months out from my band to sleeve to revision, and to this day, I have zero physical hunger. My stomach never growls, and the only "sign" I get that I need to eat is I get a little cranky. Unfortunately, I don't notice it, but my husband sure can tell if I haven't eaten.

I was constantly hungry with my band. I would eat my measured portion with the band, get a "full" signal, the food would empty into my stomach, and BAM I was hungry within an hour.
Band to VSG revision: June 3, 2009
SW 270lbs GW 150lbs CW Losing Pregancy Weight Maintenance goal W 125-130lbs

Most Active