3yrs later. . .145 (RNY to DS conversion)

airbender
on 3/15/11 9:34 am
you look fantastic, congrats on your hard work
Monique H.
on 3/16/11 7:16 am
Sharon I must say that I've been worried if this revision is really going to work for me.  I seem to be stuck at 202.  While it is the lowest I've been, having had a revision to a distal rny before, I'm still worried. Hopefully I will be as successful as you are. I worried so much that I changed my goal from 145 to 165 thinking if I can just lose that much... Anyway thanks for sharing.
WHEN LIFE KNOCKS YOU DOWN TO YOUR knees, JUST REMEMBER THAT YOU ARE IN THE PERFECT POSITION TO PRAY. HW 395, RNY 4/2/07 345, Lowest Weight 248,  Revision to Distal RNY 1/13/09 278,Revision to DS 10/15/10
Ms S.
on 3/17/11 2:09 pm
You'll be fine I'm sure...I'll be happy to answer any questions if you have any but the DS'ers can tell you better specifically where the plateaus tend to show up. You're still very fresh from surgery and trust me, it's gonna come off.  If I'm not mistaken, I might have stalled right before I hit the 199.  I had a couple plateaus in there but it came off (I still trip out on this weight loss).  I think we as revisions have a tendency to panic because of our previous experience with WLS failing us.  My mom and I both were worried that it wouldn't work to some degree but somewhere, I think we knew it HAD to work or I wouldn't have gone through the process of getting it done. And don't change your goal - you'll decide that once you get there!  Mine was 135 but I hated the way I looked.  I felt frail and fragile but I think it's because I am so used to seeing 300+ lbs on my frame.  I recall at 165 feeling a sense of personal satisfaction but I'm holding steady between 143-146.  I'm okay here - 10lbs over what I thought my goal should be.  Anywhoo, I would say no worries just yet...

Luv Sharon

Monique H.
on 3/18/11 6:03 am
Thanks Sharon for the encouragement and I do panic because BOTH surgeries that I had have in some way failed. I'm not the 395 pounds I used to be for which I am thankful, but I don't want to be fat (literally) all of my life (since birth). You truly give me hope that I can make it.  Thanks again.
WHEN LIFE KNOCKS YOU DOWN TO YOUR knees, JUST REMEMBER THAT YOU ARE IN THE PERFECT POSITION TO PRAY. HW 395, RNY 4/2/07 345, Lowest Weight 248,  Revision to Distal RNY 1/13/09 278,Revision to DS 10/15/10
Ms S.
on 3/17/11 2:22 pm
Thanks for all the kind words ya'll!  On the DS board someone mentioned my 'muscular' self soooo, I just HAD to take pix of my muscles - look past the bat wings though LOL...

MARIA F.
on 3/17/11 4:15 pm - Athens, GA

Happy surgiversary! U look great!

FormerlyFluffy.com

Most Active