Revision RNY

kimbofromohio
on 3/12/11 4:05 pm - CA
Im having rny revision on 11 april along with a pannia tummy tuck insurance paying for revision Im...paying 5000.00for  pannia tummy tuck. I weight 330in 2001 with orginal rny went down to 190 two broken legs later  because of my multiple sclerosios im up to 270. So iguessim going to see whatsgoing happin next so worried..
leighfrances9
on 3/13/11 1:54 am - GA
So, you are having a tummy tuck before you lose the weight?  That's great--I've never heard of that before!  I had a tummy tuck about 4 years ago and SOO glad that I did.  Besides my gastric bypass, it was one of the best things I was able to give myself.  You're going to be in a little bit of pain from the tummy tuck, but I'll be praying for your pain to subside....in a few months from April 11, you'll be feeling and looking great!!
Eleanore Davis
on 3/14/11 5:28 am - Penn Hills, PA
Well, I have a "date" for my revision from RNY Gastric Bypass to RNY Gastric Bypass.  I wonder... am I going to lose again without the "malabsorption"?  You don't have the Malabsorption the 2nd time around... or do you?
leighfrances9
on 3/14/11 8:25 am - GA
 Hi!  Congrats on your surgery date!  I don't think the malabsorption ever goes away after a RNY GB.  Someone who is more qualified can jump in here though because I'm no 100 percent sure.  I'm two weeks out and I can tell I've lost a lot, although I'm also not eating hardly any food with 2 oz at each meal.  yikes!  Blessings to you!
Eleanore Davis
on 3/15/11 3:30 am - Penn Hills, PA
I hope it is "congratulations" because I sure would love to be on the "losing" side of things.  Congratulations to you... two weeks out... you will be eating MORE soon enough.  CHERISH these days!  I really believe there is no "do-over" on this surgery.  I am so sorry that things did not stay good permanently for me the first time around.  You have to keep that attitude you had when you first "wanted" the surgery to get you through the days ahead!  REMEMBER your goal to be on the losing side.  I must have lost sight of my goal... Now I am back on blood pressure medicine... 3 pills a day... and my osteo (wear and tear) arthritis is not happy about the extra weight either.  I must have forgot I had the surgery so that I would not be in so much pain and I would not have to take blood pressure medicines.
Most Active