ROSE or Stomaphyx

Kara J.
on 3/5/11 3:42 am - Aurora, IL
Has anyone had one of these procedures or know anyone who has?  I am interested in their results.  Just  researching my revision options and also how much these procedures cost.  

thanks

RNY 2005
MsBatt
on 3/5/11 4:03 am
Most people say they lose about 20 pounds while on the post-surgery diet, and gain it all back once they go back to eating regular foods. If you want to lose more than 20 pounds and keep it off, I strongly suggest you seek a different option, such as the DS.
WASaBubbleButt
on 3/5/11 5:22 am - Mexico
100% of the time over the last few years on this very board people write of having either of these procedures and as MsBatt writes, they lose about 20# on the post op diet and as soon as they start solids they regain it all back. 100% of the time.

:o(

Previously Midwesterngirl

The band got me to goal, the sleeve will keep me there.

See  my blog for newbies: 
http://wasabubblebutt.blogspot.com/
lauralisi
on 3/5/11 7:19 am - Dona Ana, NM
I had a stomaphyx.   I did not lose one pound.  I wasted $8,000 excluding travel expenses.  Finally got smart and had the DS.
Good luck to you.
newambergames
on 3/7/11 8:26 am, edited 3/7/11 8:33 am - CA
ok new to this board and was really considering rose ...do insrances generally cover this? and isnt ds like doing it all over again? thx

RNY 2008 ands 1 baby later.....
WASaBubbleButt
on 3/7/11 8:38 am - Mexico
On March 7, 2011 at 4:26 PM Pacific Time, newambergames wrote:
ok new to this board and was really considering rose ...do insrances generally cover this? and isnt ds like doing it all over again? thx

RNY 2008 ands 1 baby later.....

Unless things have changed recently no, ins doesn't cover ROSE.  It's totally ineffective anyway.

If your ins covers revisions and you meet the requirements they probably will cover a revision to DS.

Previously Midwesterngirl

The band got me to goal, the sleeve will keep me there.

See  my blog for newbies: 
http://wasabubblebutt.blogspot.com/
Most Active